Best MH Reflector

downhill_biker

I am trying to figure out what reflector to use over my 4'x3'x27" tank that I'm gonna set up. I want to use 2x250w with no supplementation. I need something that has good spread and good reflection PAR. I always thought that lumenmax by sunlightsupply was absolutely top-of-the-line, but then I found this article, and it appears that the lumenbright fixture is better.

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2009/1/review

What does everyone think? Any experience or suggestions?

IIRC, the lumenbright produces a narrower, more focused light while the lumenmax gives a wider spread. If that's the case, picking the best would depend on what you're trying to accomplish and how many lamps you have to do it with :-)

Thanks guys. I originally thought the lumenbrights were better but after taking your suggestions and revisiting the charts on the article, I think the lumenmax would be the best choice. I noticed that the lumenbrights has the highest PAR output, but didn't realize that most of that was in a height that I probably wouldn't even have corals. Mid to low tank the Lumenmax has much more output. Thanks again.