Aggressive Sally Lightfoot

steelhead77

Tonight I spotted my Sally Lightfoot Crab lunging at and trying to catch my Yellow Headed Goby and my 2 Percs. He was also trying to catch my Purple Tang (flame) I've read that they do this once they get mature. I fed him about a quarter of a silverside and he disappeared into the rock-work. The question is: has anyone else had this experience? And if so, what did you do about it?

Tonight I spotted my Sally Lightfoot Crab lunging at and trying to catch my Yellow Headed Goby and my 2 Percs. He was also trying to catch my Purple Tang (flame) I've read that they do this once they get mature. I fed him about a quarter of a silverside and he disappeared into the rock-work. The question is: has anyone else had this experience? And if so' date=' what did you do about it?[/quote']

Yes.

I got lucky and hunted him down for removal. He must have just molted and didn't run from me and the catch was actually easier then I ever would have thought.

Try the vase/glass tilted against the rock trap, with bait in the bottom of it.

I actually just managed to get him out rather easily. With all lights , except moons, off, I spotted him trying to climb the front of the tank. I just slipped a net down behind him and trapped him in it. He's now in the QT awaiting relocation. I did feed him quite regularly, but he just got done molting for at least the second time and was getting rather large, so time to go.

Glad to hear you were able to get him out easily! We had a rather large one in our tank that was starting to freak me out until just recently when it fell over dead while we were watching it. It was literally moving around on the rockwork grazing when it suddenly stopped moving... forever. Weird. (scratch)