Sorta new to the hobby

nanofaiery

Hi all! (waving) My name is melissa and this is my first "official" sw tank. I helped the hubby with his 8 gal, and I've done ALOT of fw tanks in the past. I'm taking it reallllly slow. I've got a 15.5 gal tank with 3 hermit crabs, 3 zombie snail, 1 bumble bee snail, and a cleaner shrimp. I've got some GSP, Zoes, some tiny mushrooms and a semi-forest of "wild" (scratch) feather dusters. Much to my hubbies :eek: horror I want a 125 gal. But that will come in time. (plotting)

Thanks!!!! I think he is just afraid that we'll end up with a zoo again. I had six tanks among other animals and us squeezed into a one bedroom apt. Now we moved and have a big two bedroom' date=' and only a 15.5 and a .5 gal (sad).[/quote']

Welcome to bedlam!!! You definately need a bigger tnak to fill that "empty space" in your bigger place!!!

Welcome to the group. Yes, a 125 is in order to fill all the extra space in a larger apartment.

When you have some things to trade, just say the word. I usually give new members some xenia, but I am low right now. Once I get some more I'll let you have some if you come get it.

dsoz

WELCOME NEW "TOAD":) the first thing is of cource pictures. As far as a bigger tank. If we have OUR way! We'll tel you to go after a 300gal. !!!!!! So use that and get Hubby to comprimise on a 210. What ever you get be sure you always get the equipment as if your going bigger than what your getting(scratch) Long run will save you money. Short run it is costly to star a "New" setup. Ask a LOT of questions as we all will do our best to help you (and maybe confuse you a little) learn about the different options. Your first start is in what you want to Keep IN THE TANK. Corals types ect.

hey undrtkr_00 zombies are Super Nassarius snails, sorry about the confusion. dsoz thanks for the offer (clap) (I love any excuse for a road trip). I'm working on getting pics so I can post up my own tank thread. I'm just trying to figure out how to take clear pictures. Most of them come out way to blurry (comp), and my skunk cleaner doesn't like to stand still (sad). But on the plus side I did get one of him that looks like he has a force field on one side :confused:.

Welcome to the website. You might think about becoming a payed member. Its $20.00 for single membership and $ 30.00 for family memberships. The benefits are great. You get discounts at our events, for example our Marine Hatfield/ Oregon Coast Aquarium behind the scenes tour which is not avail. to the public. Its worth it!!!! Plus there is a Pot Luck afterwards at the Yaquina Bay day use area after the tours. Also you can get discounts at most lfs. And you get a website upgrade.

Think about it and let me know.