Eating worms

tidalsculpin

Hey, I promised to eat a worm in front of the school as an incentive to raise money at the book fair. Anyone eat an earthworm w/ out tequila?

I will be eating one in front of 450 kids and 30 staff.

Should I buy the worms at Fred Meyer that eat newspaper or should I just dig up some dirt near my house.

Raw is best right?

Could throw something in about being organic if you don't get the newspaper fed ones(laugh)(laugh)(laugh) I feel for ya. I would tease them with a gummy worm first though...

You should also watch a movie called "How to Eat Fried Worms"... Good kids flick, might get ya ready too...

I have, unfortunately. When it comes to worms I would imagine it doesn't matter where you get it from. For health reasons, pesticides and such, I would imagine getting it from FM or a pet store would be safest bet. Good luck, my advice....dont chew much, couple bites and swallow.

lol....gotta try everything once....how else would you know if you like it or not. I used to hand out cat food, as "snacks" to the 4th and 5th graders in elementary school too, lol. Not to mention the whole bugger at Magic Mountain incident.

I wouldnt get one @ the store....they're usually pretty big!

Look for a skinny 3" one in the yard is my vote.....

Why did u promise something like that?

Hey it sold books! This means 2000 dollars worth of new reading books for the school. I thought it would be fun too. Schools can be downright boring sometimes.

The principal is going to shave his beard in half and color the other half pink.

• Like 1

Hey, I promised to eat a worm in front of the school as an incentive to raise money at the book fair. Anyone eat an earthworm w/ out tequila?

I will be eating one in front of 450 kids and 30 staff.

Should I buy the worms at Fred Meyer that eat newspaper or should I just dig up some dirt near my house.

Raw is best right?

I would say using the ones by your house would be safe, it the soil is clean. You would probably be the one that knows what the worms have been eating. Do you use chemical fertilizers on your lawn, shrubs, flowers or garden? Do you use your yard to dump toxic and/or radioactive waste, or go the organic route? ;)

Hey... you need to do it right, and get a big, fat, Nightcrawler.... definitely raw.... don't wimp-out on us and eat it fried. Remember, worms are an excellent source of protein.

Whatever the source of your worm will be, I suggest doing what I have done for years with my worms... for feeding to freshwater fish. First, rinse off the worm with cold tap water. Put your intended lunch in a glass of cold tap water for an hour or two. This will allow the worm to evacuate its digestive tract.

You will then have a clean worm, but the dirt may actually be good for you according to this article. http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,485626,00.html

Go For It Joel! Show 'em who's the Man, and who's the Worm! (rock2)Bon Apetit!

I'd go with ones in newpaper..... at least some of the slime will be wiped off!!!

The others would be slimey and dirty....more flavor maybe ;)

I do so think we need the picts of this though!

I'm sure the video will end up on Youtube.:D

First' date=' rinse off the worm with cold tap water. Put your intended lunch in a glass of cold tap water for an hour or two. This will allow the worm to evacuate its digestive tract.[/quote']

This might be the easiest way to eat it as well... drop it into a glass of cold water then chug the whole thing down. Or, you could nibble away at it (rock2)

Oh my gosh !!!!!!!! This is SO gross. I don't think I could even come into a room with you in it after you eat this thing, knowing it's been through your system haha. Some people are terrified of snakes...some spiders...for me it's worms. I'm PETRIFIED of them. I can't even eat worm caught fish !!! Oh this thread has given me PTSS thinking of worms coming out of the grass in a rain storm....ouhhhhh, yuk.

Shudder (scary)

Did a test run with my daughter tonight. We went looking for worms when I got home from work. I must have caught a dozen with her- a must for every dad to do. When my wife wasn't looking we tasted one. It was not bad at all.

Then we ate spagetti. lol

I admit I only ate a 1 and a half incher. Tomorrow I will eat the big dog- a six incher.

We put the big one out in a yogurt container on the porch. My daughter said," Daddy don't leave it out there. Someone might steal them." I could not help but bust out laughing.

I promise there will be pics.