WTB - Green/Purple Tip Frogspawn

Chief

bone cutters, wire snippers, needle-nose pliers (careful, these tend to crush not cut), I have even used heavy duty scissors once in need. Anything that separates the old head from the new.

That being said, I prefer the Dremel, it gives a nice clean cut.

Snowpunk- The heads usually need to be separated by at least an inch or two before the flesh starts to recede. Wait for the flesh to separate from between the heads before cutting. As long as there is flesh then the heads can transfer nutrients between each other (I think, but not 100% sure). I have found that feeding the heads prolongs the flesh from receding (but makes them grow faster).

I have watched a green hammer grow from 1 head to like 10. They are still all connected by flesh, but it was really cool to watch how they split. I have had that hammer for over a year, and it rarely takes food when offered.

dsoz

• Like 1

Snowpunk- The heads usually need to be separated by at least an inch or two before the flesh starts to recede. Wait for the flesh to separate from between the heads before cutting. As long as there is flesh then the heads can transfer nutrients between each other (I think, but not 100% sure). I have found that feeding the heads prolongs the flesh from receding (but makes them grow faster).

I have watched a green hammer grow from 1 head to like 10. They are still all connected by flesh, but it was really cool to watch how they split. I have had that hammer for over a year, and it rarely takes food when offered.

dsoz

Maybe I'll stop feeding them. I got it as 9 heads in October I think and now it is just getting to 16. They are like you said yours is, all still one with flesh. The return houses a lot of pods so they get sucked into the main a lot. It flows perfectly so that 50% of the pods end up swimming right into the frogspawn. He gets a lot of food to say the least. hopefully limiting the food will cause the heads so separate the flesh between them... thanks Dsoz

Back to the topic... sorry guys....;)

• 3 weeks later...