why dont U enter in the awards program?

Reefin'

why dont U enter in the awards program?  

1. 1.

• public recognition is not important to u
    • u could use the money from selling ur frag
    • would if it was 50/50 on proceeds (club/participant)
    • not a paid member
    • all i can grow is aiptasia
    • other-please specify in thread

So if you were a member would you participate?

The program has 3 purposes. The first and primary purpose is "To encourage, the conservation of wild marine life, and the exchange of information, through the propagation of captive marine life;"

You have mentioned that you have done some backyard research in this, with both Anemone's and Clown's.

I have to side with reefin' a little bit on this one. Many of us are hobbyist and can't afford to make a huge "money wise" donation. I also am not a member, so keep in mind that I wont be participating in this. I know that I would rather donate $20 to the club, rather than $1000, I know this is drastic, but my point is...the amount you donate should not be judged by others. It should not determine what your intentions are, whether you are donating to get a name for yourself, or if you are donating to make a profit?, or if you are donating to donate. Remember that we can all sell everything private if we so choose. i think that it is incredibly inconsiderate to judge someone by the size of their donation. for this reason i think that the donation should be private, and should not be determined by the club, but rather the person. i also think that maybe a percentage value may be in interest of both the member and the club.