Injecting zoas?

impur

along the same lines in a couple of forums are guys who are cross breeding zoas... ie they cut two zoas in half stick them together and it will grow into a zoa with one half one color and the other half the other color. I wonder if you can do the same with a syringe and suck out some of the tissue on the cap and inject into the other zoa, something ill have to play with someday

LOL great idea Andy!

Roy yah i've seen that nuclear green/purp death combo. Pretty trippy. There is a thread on RC where a guy sucked out zoox from one zoas and injected into another. It definately started to change colors but i didn't follow it too far after that.

But i think this is something that could be very helpful, if it actually works. Armageddon zoas melt in most peoples tanks, caribbean zoas, etc. I have some afternoon delights/magician palys that are doing terrible for no reason, also some candy apple reds that just won't open or grow. If this works and i can save them i'm doing it!!

I have some paly/zoas taking over my rocks...any ideas on how to get rid of them other than tossing the rock or cutting them off?

Give me the rock and I will give you one fresh and clean with no zoos :)

Give me the rock and I will give you one fresh and clean with no zoos :)

Come over. These mint green paly's have killed two of my other colonies and now that they have taken over the whole rock have blown off the rock and spread to the rest of the tank. I'm certain one even crawled across the carpet and into the living room tank, because I never put them in there.

(whistle)

Come over. These mint green paly's have killed two of my other colonies and now that they have taken over the whole rock have blown off the rock and spread to the rest of the tank. I'm certain one even crawled across the carpet and into the living room tank, because I never put them in there.

(whistle)

Now that's funny...(laugh)

Miles' date=' please take pictures before and after the injection... I would love to see how it's turn out. Thanks in advance.[/quote']

Ya that would be kewl!pics please

Miles, do u know where that thread is u mentioned about people cutting the zoas in half and grafting another half from another zoa?