2009 Oregon Coast Aquarium/Hatfield Marine Science Center Tours

JManrow

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We just made camping reservations at Beverly beach - heading down on Thursday to make it a 3 night trip. Ahhh...camping with Cable TV :)

So, in the past what have people brought to the potluck BBQ? Do we bring our own meat or just a side dish and drinks?

How much was Beverly Beach Mark?

You can bring your own meat. Most people bring pop' date='chips,sides are good. On average we have about 30 people show up.[/quote']

We usually make a big Potato Salad. Other people bring other salads, casseroles, sandwiches, veggie plates, cold cuts, drinks, desserts... if everyone brings a little, there is always more than enough to go around!:)

Also, Jay says it should not be a problem getting some food donated from his work.

Admission question' date=' since im a member ill pay 15, my girlfriend is also going, i would pay 20.00 for her right?[/quote']

That is correct! Remember, these prices are already discounted prices! This is where your membership dues really help us out!

Kris

I missed out on the BBQ last year. I had my dogs with me in the car and I didn't feel like fighting with them the whole time! Hopefully, it will work out a little better for me this year. Not sure yet if we will make a day or a weekend out of it, but I am looking forward to these tours! I had a blast last year.

Kris

How many people like oysters and clams?????

This is how we do them. We have a huge cooking pot and we add water with some white wine garlic and lemon. This was a huge hit last year!!! I have cooked crabs this way too Yum O!!!!!

Mrgreenthumbs if you have oyster knives please bring them. We only have two. I will bring towels, hot sauce and lemon.

Please let me know thanks

Brandy

Hi John, just wondering if there is a cap on the number of participants. My wife and I hope to come and I am trying to clear my schedule so we can head down on Friday. Don't want to miss out though...

Thanks - Sean

I let the OCAQ know that we usually have around 35 people on the tour. They can probably handle around 20 people or so on each of the 2 tour groups. I have listed 5 guests going with me on the Evite, but I will be the only one of the 6 actually going on the tour. My wife can not climb the stairs, so she will be visiting the public section of the Aquarium during the tour, with our daughter, her boyfriend, and the two grandkids. That frees up 5 less people on the tour from the number listed on the Evite.

By the way, the Evite you were sent is continually updated as people respond. Keep checking it every once in awhile!

This is how we do them. We have a huge cooking pot and we add water with some white wine garlic and lemon. This was a huge hit last year!!! I have cooked crabs this way too Yum O!!!!!

Mrgreenthumbs if you have oyster knives please bring them. We only have two. I will bring towels, hot sauce and lemon.

Brandy

I do, Brandy... but you already know that! I love clams and oysters both, especially the way Bob prepares them! He adds all the right seasonings to the pot! That garlic butter you fix makes it even better!(drool, drool)(drooler) I always enjoy a few oysters raw on the half-shell too with Tabasco.

Oh, man! Just thinking about this is making me hungry for them again!(hungry)

I let the OCAQ know that we usually have around 35 people on the tour. They can probably handle around 20 people or so on each of the 2 tour groups. I have listed 5 guests going with me on the Evite, but I will be the only one of the 6 actually going on the tour. My wife can not climb the stairs, so she will be visiting the public section of the Aquarium during the tour, with our daughter, her boyfriend, and the two grandkids. That frees up 5 less people on the tour from the number listed on the Evite.

By the way, the Evite you were sent is continually updated as people respond. Keep checking it every once in awhile!

Thanks John - will do!

We usually make a big Potato Salad. Other people bring other salads, casseroles, sandwiches, veggie plates, cold cuts, drinks, desserts... if everyone brings a little, there is always more than enough to go around!:)

Also, Jay says it should not be a problem getting some food donated from his work.

Donation will not be a problem. I have have to be in Brookings on the 17th so I may need someone else to pick up the donation. Unfortunately I do not feel like driving to Brookings then back to Albany, then to Newport. So if we could get some help here, that would be great.

Jay

Donation will not be a problem. I have have to be in Brookings on the 17th so I may need someone else to pick up the donation. Unfortunately I do not feel like driving to Brookings then back to Albany, then to Newport. So if we could get some help here, that would be great.

Jay

PM sent...

I'm going to try to attend and make a 3-day weekend out of it. Good excuse to get my motorcycle out and take 101 south all the way down from here.

Anyone have any good recommendations for a good hotel to stay at?

I have always liked Shilo Inns.

We are going a little cheaper this time and staying at the Comfort Inn.

Here are the listings for Newport http://www.trails.com/all-hotels/city-hotel.aspx?dest=OR+newport

i like comfort inn's there nice..:)

and do we have to pay with paypal before we go?

By paying in advance, we will avoid a long wait in line, as those already paid will have their names on a checklist that Brandy is putting together. She is also making nametags!

Brandy

So no one else likes oysters and clams????? Please respond.... I need to know how much to get!

Thanks

Brandy