First RBTA - Newbie question

wobble

Thanks! I thought about it' date=' but didn't think two maroons would do very well in a 75g. I heard they get pretty mean when they get big.[/quote']

Yeah, the do have a reputation as one of the more aggressive clowns from what I can tell. Mine tends to take most of it's angst out on me when I am working in the tank! Surprisingly, she has put up with the three skunk clowns I added to the tank - one of which likes to hang out around the edge of her RBTA all the time. Also, the maroon will occasionally grab large chunks of food and run back and spit them into the center of the RBTA to feed it... pretty cool.

Give it until this afternoon before you start to panic. A dying animone will give off a lot of slime. If it does not look like it has a lot of slime coming off of it, then it should re-inflate today when the lights come on.

Have you read this... ?

http://www.karensroseanemones.com/

There is a whole section on deflating, and another one on sick/dying anemones. It is a great resource.

dsoz

Thanks guys. I've been depressed all morning because of this. Now I have hope. I'll give my wife a call in a few hours and see how it's doing. It ate a little night before last.....maybe it's just getting ready to make a poppie (laugh)

It hasn't given off any slime, but I have been a little concerned though 'cause it's still bleached and it's mouth is usually open. It's tentacles are sticky and responsive to food though. It takes whatever it's offered, but the clown usually ends up knocking it out. The last time I chased off the clown with a feeding stick to give the anemone time to consume it's food.