2009 MCMAC Conference - July 17and 18th

JManrow

Here is a link top the itinerary.

http://mcsac.org/index.php?PHPSESSID=a79emd9as7f07et88khu0hs3n7&/topic,1285.msg10259/

I have had some emails from Matt Pedersen and am looking forward to meeting him. I spent some time on the phone with Ed Hahn last night and am looking forward to this conference more now (not so much that I am speaking). Ed was telling me about Jake Adam's topic on Friday (not going to let that one out of the bag :) but there is going to be some good speaches.

Dave

Aquatic Dreams just donated another $1500 dollars worth of Goodies for this event!!!

Aquarium Solutions is bringing in more ORA corals and clams.

Hope to see you there.

We are setting up stuff now. All that is missing is you.

Sincerely,

Ed

I picked up 4 nice zoas today. I have to get the peppermints out asap. There will be a lot more stuff to browse today. You should see all of the beautiful SPS frags! a lot of ORA donations and rare frags.(drooler)

2116kht.jpg

sorry for the crappy iphone pic. I forgot my camera. We did a raffle last night. I won some fishfood and a Koralia 4.(clap) The rest of the raffle will be continued today. I bought $50 worth of tickets. (plotting)

There was a really good talk on flow in the aquarium last night. A lot of new ideas for better health of corals in the aquarium. I just thought it was going to be about high flow is good, but the speaker went into great depth on why, where, and how to set up flow based on laboratory studies of coral under different amounts of light and flow. Really, really good stuff

I have to rub it in. So far this conference has been amazing. The speeches today on buying and breeding Captive Bred fish was very enlightening. Their was a spectacular speech on the needs of clams in the tank that was went after a lot of myths. There was also a piece on hitchhikers good & bad and dealing with them. My favorite piece was on laboratory findings of PC, HQI, LED, and T5 lighting PAR values at 10" and 18" their graphical light spread, and the little things that dramatically affect light distribution (light using a background on the tank, one big reflector vs. individual reflectors, and more). Every speech was entertaining and interesting.

So the night ended with a bang. I forgot to mention the awesome tank tours we did earlier. 4 houses and 4 amazing tanks. Dave will probably do a better job of describing them as he took pictures.

This evening we had dinner and then had a silent auction and finished up the raffle. In the raffles I won 2 deals of fish food, Chlorine remover, Strontium, Alkalinity Buffer, Salfert Alk/CA test kit, Salfert mg test kit, a Koralia 1, a Koralia 4, and a tabling monti. I also won an encrusting monti as a door prize.

The silent auction had some great stuff. I picked up a candy cane, a maxima clam, and a pair of shark nosed gobies. all in all a great event