2009 MCMAC Conference - July 17and 18th

JManrow

The 2009 Mid-Columbia Saltwater Marine Aquarium Conference (MCMAC) will be held on July 17th and 18th at the Red Lion Hotel in Richland, WA.

It is being hosted by Mid-Columbia Saltwater Aquarium Club (MCSAC).

The scheduled speakers are: Bob Fenner, James Fatheree, Jake Adams, Kevin Pockell, and Matt Pederson

Matt's talk will be on Marine Ornamental Fish and Invertebrate Breeding http://www.marinebreeder.org/.

MCMAC ticket prices are: Non-MCSAC Member Family $70.00, and Non-MCSAC Member Individual $60.00. This is the price for both PNWMAS Members and Forum Members

You may pay using your Paypal account. Send payment to esmzhahn@clearwire.net

If you choose not to use Paypal, and still want to purchase a ticket, you can mail your check to: MCSAC

6915 W. 2nd Avenue Kennewick, WA 99336

(509) 374-0815

Your mailing information/email address are needed also... They will mail you the tickets that you requested.

Please make sure to bring your tickets to the Conference!

If you reserve a room starting this Monday, 3/9/09 through June 19, 2009...Anyone who calls in to the Red Lion Hotel (Member or Not a Member) and they say that they are with the Mid Columbia Salt Water Aquarium Club, they will, too, receive the $95.00 per night rate + taxes. If you choose to upgrade your room to a courtyard view, it will be an extra $20.00.

If you are interested, please make your reservations now to take advantage of the discounted rate. The Red Lion Hotel phone number is 509-946-7611. The address is: 802 George Washington Way Richland, WA 99352.

Copied from post by Ed Hahn at Reef Central. http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=1571987

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok,

Barbeque/Party on Friday

with food provided by local club in Potluck style for visitors

one presentation from a Guest Speaker.

Saturday Morning, meet for provided breakfast, then tank tour, then 3 other presentations from 3 Guest Speakers in a Movie theater.

Then fed again very good in Two large Conference rooms where raffle, clam and coral auction will take place.

Its not a MASNA, its not a IMAC but we are showing that there is a need for something to happen in the West! We are doing our best to bring everyone together at one Place in the West!

Its not a MASNA, its not a IMAC but we are showing that there is a need for something to happen in the West! We are doing our best to bring everyone together at one Place in the West!

Not sure if you knew this or not, but there is a IMAC is moving West starting this year... something to put on the calendar.

http://www.imacwest.com/

John,

I owe you a appoligy for late reply. The last meeting there was a decision that Vendors could show up and display and sale products on their own. The idea was for vendors to donate something for raffle to support MCMAC. I want to be clear on one thing MCMAC is a non profit Organization. I do believe the other conferences are set up for profit. They can contact my wife for more information at listed address or email above.

• 2 weeks later...
Not sure if you knew this or not, but there is a IMAC is moving West starting this year... something to put on the calendar.

http://www.imacwest.com/

Thanks Ryan. That will be held JULY 31~AUGUST 2, 2009 in Long Beach, California

There will also be the MAX - Marine Aquarium Expo on April 3rd - 5th, 2009 at the OC Fair in CostaMesa, CA

http://www.marineaquariumexpo.com/

• 1 month later...
John,

You said something about Oregon Aquarium wanting to do a talk at Movie Theater.

That has been agreed upon. I need them to contact me please to plan this.

thanks,

Ed

That's news to me, Ed. I may have mentioned something talking on the phone to you about PNWMAS visiting the Oregon Coast Aquarium, which we did in April. There are no plans made for them speaking at MCMAC that I am aware of.

There is definitely some difficulty in communication here!

You had mentioned something about speakers having talks at a movie theater. I am still unclear of what you have planned for the MCMAC. It does not look like we have anyone to talk about the Tanks For Teachers Programs at your Conference. I doubt that I will be able to attend.

This this page the only information you have on MCMAC right now? http://mcsac.org/index.php?page=7

John, Ed.

I will be attending the conference this year. I have had some involvement in the program being on the board of directors and also donating captive bread fish to any of the teachers tanks that have asked for them. I may be able to talk if you would like me to. I will be purchasing my tickes this week.

Dave

Dave,

There is a barbeque on Friday Night hosted by Local Club. First Talk will be from Jake Adams on Friday. If you plan on doing a presentation to promote your topic please contact me at esmzhahn@clearwire.net to plan it.

I can be reached at home. Home number is 509-374-0815.

I am very much looking forward to Conference. My wife is treasurer this year. Again, feel free to email any questions. Make sure topic says MCMAC or it may get spammed.

thanks, Ed

• 3 weeks later...
Anyone going to this from portland? I can drive if anyone wants a ride.

Im thinking of heading up. Not sure yet though. I have been talking to Dave about it. By the end of the week I should have concrete plans.

another change in program.

A medium sized vendor has not contacted us lately. He was person that was a decisive part if Hobbyist could bring frags and sell them at MCMAC. So door is open again to those that want to. I will do what I can to make it easy on you.

So the answer is to those that want to bring frags and sell and swap them- Yes.

We just ask that you donate a frag to Conference. So this is your chance to trade with a few guys from Seattle, Boise, Spokane, Montana, etc. I have one friend that made over 800 dollars last year from this event selling his frags. Its just people working together to make this a fun event.

• 5 weeks later...

Dave, we have a slot for your presentation on Friday night!

Dave,

We have a slot for your Tanks for Teachers Program on Friday night.

I need you to contact Rico on Midcolumbia sight. He does not want me to post his phone number on here. It should be a very memorable time, bring a empty tummy, wallet for coral and clam auction, raffle from excellent sponsors such as Aquatic Dreams, Aquarium Solutions, Proline-Vertex and Zeovite, Tunze USA, Seachem, Bowtie Inc, etc and they are still coming in!

should be a awesome event!(rock2)

Paypal button installed for those that want to use credit cards for purchasing.

http://mcsac.org/index.php?page=7

Speakers will be there on Friday. Jake Adams, Matt Pederson, Bob Fenner, James Fartheree and of Course Dave to represent Tank for Teachers Program.

Very much looking forward to seeing you guys as we work as being one in the hobby,

building a foundation with all that want to learn the hobby!