Postponing members only membership

No we do not.........see the link below? There are ubber cool LE corals at rediculous prices. Come and bid on some so I can buy my anemone a silverside.

Hey Perry I got a bag of silversides I will trade for one of your acans :)

Can't everyone just get along (laugh)

Sorry I did't see the humor in it....I know it was a good size frag! I was happy with my purchase' date=' however I just wasn't happy with the way you portrayed my purchase.... You can't blame the lfs's for being upset, you know you are in direct competition, and stepping on a few peoples toes...;)[/quote']

Not steppin on anybody toes Matt. Just trying to survive like everybody else. It's my sole source of livelyhood now. Back when I was in the garage I had a real job.......Not anymore, this is it baby. Im not gonna step on anyones toes, but I sure might walk around you.

OH YEAH MATT, and you got that KILLER fruit loops acan....I WANT IT BACK... Havent seen another like it and bet I wont in this lifetime. You my friend got a heck of a acan with that one. I could create such a mega waitlist for you of people that want a frag off that. I still get asked about it to this day.

So' date=' should I not send you the wholesale application packet back that you sent me today??????[/quote']

Bob as you can see there is some controversy over the wholesale thing so, you can send you application back, but for now you might just do like everybody else does and order stuff out of LAX that you have no clue as to what you might get for your customers. I think thats what everyone else will do. In the meantime, I can keep your ap on file till we decide what were gonna do.....Buy the way congrats on opening your new STOREFRONT location. I hope you do exceedingly well with it.

I find this is just a little disturbing and premature. The carrot has been dangles in front of the group and pulled back. What did you expect would happen? Every thing is so tight when it comes to money and the hobby. Let alone food on the table. Everybody want's to jump on the "wholesale wagon" I can assure everybody it will kill the LSF's. Support your LSF and they will be very good to you. We are the bread and butter to them and they know it. Where all familiar to what a "good deal" is,,or not. I know what the corals, salt, test kits and everything else "cost". I can tell you first hand they have to like what there doing as it is not a get rich gouge your customer business.(At least from the people I know) If you feel someone is. Move on!!! It makes me sick to see someone come in and want to pay $25 FOR A PIECE THAT COSTS $30.

"Bob as you can see there is some controversy over the wholesale thing so, you can send you application back, but for now you might just do like everybody else does and order stuff out of LAX that you have no clue as to what you might get for your customers."

I find this rather insulting.Who where you trying to impress. Was this to say how superior your goods are and the rest just has to take a chance so telling the public good luck with the other guy as he doesn't know what he is getting!!!! And just have to buy out of LAX. Do I detect a bad subliminal message. I'm superior, your not!! Do you dive for your pieces your self? Please. You know they have access to local wholesalers,and "see" what they are getting. I sent a wholesale request to you. Weather you go that rought or not. I'm out.

My two cents...

Who cares what OIAB dose and what price he gets for his corals. He has overhead just like every other fish(coral) store. If he sells it cheaper, thats his business. People saying "Bad for business" Thats a bunch of bull, I know how perry could be affended and frusrated...He's just trying to servive these hard economic time just like everyone else. LFS know what I'm talking about. If someone thinks Perry owes you something...think again.

For what it's worth Perry you go dude!

BTW if you want killer LE corals with awesome color?? It's worth the trip!

Who cares what OIAB dose and what price he gets for his corals. He has overhead just like every other fish(coral) store. If he sells it cheaper, thats his business. People saying "Bad for business" Thats a bunch of bull, I know how perry could be affended and frusrated...He's just trying to servive these hard economic time just like everyone else. LFS know what I'm talking about. If someone thinks Perry owes you something...think again.

For what it's worth Perry you go dude!

BTW if you want killer LE corals with awesome color?? It's worth the trip!

I hope this wasn't for me. I don't care what he charges. And yes he and you and everybody in this "business" has overhead. Exactly my point! It kills me to see a customer try and beat the shop owner to a pulp on a price so low it isn't worth the water it sits in. I don't want this for a nyone.

"Bob as you can see there is some controversy over the wholesale thing so, you can send you application back, but for now you might just do like everybody else does and order stuff out of LAX that you have no clue as to what you might get for your customers."

But this is offensive as I wrote. And to clarify, it is my opinion and mine alone. Not from Bob

but for now you might just do like everybody else does and order stuff out of LAX that you have no clue as to what you might get for your customers.

I can say without a doubt in my mind that now days we get exactly what we order exactly as it presented.

Ricky Soutas Jr.

-Soutas Saltwater & Reef Inc.-

You can take it as condesending if you want. It wasnt meant that way. The way I meant it and you have to agree is....You dont see your corals your buying. It's a grab bag until you open the bag at your store. You order 20 corals and yes even if you get 20 you dont know what they look like until they arrive(were any dead on arrival). From me they came in and cherry picked me to get the best possible (healthy)coral for you the end consumer. They walked out my door with corals in hand and knew exactly what they would charge when they got back to the store. Funny thing is when they marked them up and sold them to you for full retail they werent complaining about it then. And when you bought the coral you didnt complain about the price.

This is all sponsor bashing sponsor and it's pathetic......You think your customers will appreciate this type of bickering? Your scared of competion. You have freedom of choice to shop where you want and buy what you want and pay what you want. And I should be able to conduct my business any way I want to. The whole reason I got into this business was because it made me want to PUKE at how high the prices were. I took my market to ebay because I felt people will pay for a coral what they feel the coral is worth. Im done posting on this thread.......Support your LFS and Coral Stores

You can take it as condesending if you want. It wasnt meant that way. The way I meant it and you have to agree is....You dont see your corals your buying. It's a grab bag until you open the bag at your store. You order 20 corals and yes even if you get 20 you dont know what they look like until they arrive(were any dead on arrival). From me they came in and cherry picked me to get the best possible (healthy)coral for you the end consumer. They walked out my door with corals in hand and knew exactly what they would charge when they got back to the store. Funny thing is when they marked them up and sold them to you for full retail they werent complaining about it then. And when you bought the coral you didnt complain about the price.

This is all sponsor bashing sponsor and it's pathetic......You think your customers will appreciate this type of bickering? Your scared of competion. You have freedom of choice to shop where you want and buy what you want and pay what you want. And I should be able to conduct my business any way I want to. The whole reason I got into this business was because it made me want to PUKE at how high the prices were. I took my market to ebay because I felt people will pay for a coral what they feel the coral is worth. Im done posting on this thread.......Support your LFS and Coral Stores

Actually if you knew us better you'd know that we are a aqua culturing facility and have been for years. But, I will excuse this as it looks like you've only been doing this and this solely for two years now.

We rarely pull corals out of the wild and if we do we get pictures of them first and pick only the best. We know what we're getting. Your the one who doesn't. You get all of your corals from the transshipment of australian corals through a American hub. You buy 20 acan colonies at a time, and get what you get. You then sell them and go on to the next batch constantly pulling them from the wild.

I also find it funny that you consider the retail shops to be high priced on acans when you yourself are one of the people inflating the prices. I'm not going to post the amount you can get these guys for or where you can get them from. But, let me put it this way ANYONE with a warehouse, a small amount of knowledge of the hobby, a business license, enough money to get started and has done their research can do what you're doing. Why do you think all these random business' selling acans and acans only have popped up everywhere? If we were all about the money we would do what you're doing, but we aren't. That isn't to say that we don't want to make money. Who wants to be financially insecure especially during times like this? But, we do what we do because we love this hobby. That's why my dad started his business 22 years ago and why we are still around today. I believe that other local LFS' here share the same love for this hobby as well.

Good luck to you, but if things get rocky when it comes to the transshipping of your corals (Which I guarantee you it will.), you can always go back to buying comic books and random items for low prices and reselling them on ebay like you did in 2005.

Thanks, Ricky Soutas Jr.

-Soutas Saltwater & Reef Inc.-

• Like 1