Postponing members only membership

Due to circumstances beyond my control I will have to pospone the membership drive to the OIAB membership program. Something has come up over in Australia and it looks like I will be making a trip over to discuss our Aussie bussiness relations. Not sure when we will be back on line, but will begin posting just as soon as I have some concrete information.

You will be able to buy some of the same stock that we distribute to LFS's all over the United States at a discounted retail price. Instead of buying just an acan frag at your LFS or a bleeding apple scolymia, why not be able to look at, compare, and even buy the whole colony instead of just a frag. Or instead of seeing just one scolymia in the store how about browsing through 100's until you find the one that’s just right for you. It's never boring at OIAB. Now you have a chance to "cherry pick" from our spectacular on hand inventory. Here is what you get for your $40 annual membership:

I agree with Isaac. You shouldn't sell to retail customers and wholesale customers in the same market. I think it will alienate your customers. This leaves a bad taste in my mouth and hopefully there are others who feel the same way. It is difficult enough to make ends meet as a LFS, so for a wholesaler to come into direct competetion with them is not good business. We have all looked at the nice corals at OIAB, and a lot of us have some of his corals in our systems. Can't we leave the retail selling to the LFS and wholesaling to the wholesalers???

• Like 1

The text above is a direct quote frome the OIAB website about the 'members only club.' As a retailer' date=' this policy seem very contradictory to the idea of being a wholesaler.[/quote']

A couple things to clarify.

1. OIAB is , and always has been a retail online store "NOT" a wholesaler. Thats where we started and thats where we are today. I only offered to sell wholesale to the LFS's in order to keep from opening to the public to begin with, in addition to help offset my overhead. And it was initially suggested through Isaac to begin with. Thanks buddy...Hence the initial membership idea.

2. OIAB will no longer sell any wholesale. We'll just consider opening as a full time storefront and open to the public 7 days a week full time if thats the bigger issue. I have no problem with that. I'm actually tired of telling all your customers that I cannot sell to them via our verbal arrangement anyways. I will have my partners wholesale through my other coral company "DesignerCoral.com" I hope theres no law against owning more than one business in America!!!!!!

Thank God we live in America where people that have big ideas and big dreams can do anything. Just 6 short months ago I was selling corals out my garage at my house.....Sound familiar? Woody actually was my inspiration:D

I know I wouldn't be happy if the person who was wholesaling to me was selling to my customers for little more than wholesale....In fact come to think of it I don't know any wholesalers that are also retailers.... Its bad for business.

Where did you get that I would sell for less than retail? When you came in a few weeks ago and bought that TYREE watermelon chalice frag did I sell it to you for wholesale or retail? Seems to me you paid full blown retail $300 for the frag.

I never said you did ;) All i'm saying is its bad for business' date=' not just the lfs's you too perry. I mean think about it. Furthermore, I've been buying from you long before you were a wholesaler. Yes it was full blown retail lol. I think your missing my point.......[/quote']Bad for whos business...LOL? I think you are confused about my business. OIAB is a retail business. We have been selling on ebay at retail prices or whatever people think retail prices are for a long time now. Same for our website. We did engage in some wholesaling to offset some costs, but that obviously wasnt appreciated and we wont do it anymore. No biggie!!!!

I dont see any issue with it since you were a retail establishment (ebay, interenet) previous to selling to stores as a wholesaler. I understand selling wholesale to offsets costs. There are several jobs I have done that I did for a small percetage just to keep guys busy and moeny coming in. Im sure all of the LFS's you sold some of your wicked acans weren't complaining when they turned some good profits.

Can't wait to see your storefront! I wish you would stay Ebay though so I had a better chance :)

• Like 1

I dont see any issue with it since you were a retail establishment (ebay, interenet) previous to selling to stores as a wholesaler. I understand selling wholesale to offsets costs. There are several jobs I have done that I did for a small percetage just to keep guys busy and moeny coming in. Im sure all of the LFS's you sold some of your wicked acans weren't complaining when they turned some good profits.

Can't wait to see your storefront! I wish you would stay Ebay though so I had a better chance :)

Amen, you got that right....hahhaha Careful what you wish for!!!!!

wow you sure know how to chase away a customer!!!!! Kind of reminds me of when victor of world wide corals was bragging about selling a frag for 1400, or whatever the amount was. I always wondered how the person that spent that money for that frag felt, and I must say I have a good idea now! Thanks perry! I appreciate you bragging to everyone about the extremely small frag you sold me for a extremely high price, of course thats in your words.

• Like 1

wow you sure know how to chase away a customer!!!!! Kind of reminds me of when victor of world wide corals was bragging about selling a frag for 1400' date=' or whatever the amount was. I always wondered how the person that spent that money for that frag felt, and I must say I have a good idea now! Thanks perry! I appreciate you bragging to everyone about the extremely small frag you sold me for a extremely high price, of course thats in your words.[/quote']Matt are you serious????? That was a joke, you know darn good and well I sold you a stellar size frag. Cmon dude, dont be like that.

Sorry I did't see the humor in it....I know it was a good size frag! I was happy with my purchase, however I just wasn't happy with the way you portrayed my purchase.... You can't blame the lfs's for being upset, you know you are in direct competition, and stepping on a few peoples toes...;)

I think the only way to settle this is for me to get cheap frags. Really cheap frags. Of uber LE corals. Only this will put the Universe back into balance. We don't want an unbalanced Universe, do we?

• Like 1

I think the only way to settle this is for me to get cheap frags. Really cheap frags. Of uber LE corals. Only this will put the Universe back into balance. We don't want an unbalanced Universe' date=' do we?[/quote']

No we do not.........see the link below? There are ubber cool LE corals at rediculous prices. Come and bid on some so I can buy my anemone a silverside.

Sorry I did't see the humor in it....I know it was a good size frag! I was happy with my purchase' date=' however I just wasn't happy with the way you portrayed my purchase.... You can't blame the lfs's for being upset, you know you are in direct competition, and stepping on a few peoples toes...;)[/quote']

I so thought you would get that. I pepper fleck? Cmon LOL. You got a frickin steller quarter size frag that I sooooo sold to cheap.