Where did he go?

racefan

I bought a cleaner shrimp on Saturday & all was going well.When I came home from work yesterday & plopped my self in front of my tank to sit & stare at it as I assume all newbies do I could not find him.I searched for quite awhile looking around the caves & crevices in the rock but could not find him.I checked the back of the tank(29 gal bio cube) to make sure he didn't go over the top(he didn't) & today when I came home still no sign of him.The only thing in my tank are 4 turbo snails,1 serpent star,1 emerald crab that's about the size of a dime maybe a nickle.Could one of these have eaten him?

I was thinking the same thing as Wobble. Emerald crabs can get aggresive when they are larger (I'm convinced mine is plotting to murder me) but a dime/nickle size... probably not.

Give him another day and see if he pops out of a hole somewhere with a shiney new shell.

I'd say that nothing in there could have killed him, but if that emerald was way larger it could have been a possibility.

He might be one sneaky shrimp.(plotting) I'd try looking for him during the night.

*Nevermind it's the serpant star.

Ricky Soutas Jr.

-Soutas Saltwater & Reef Inc.-

:eek: Read your first post to fast and thought it was a brittle star. DOH!

It is possible that the serpant star ate your shrimp, and if you have any small fish in there they could always become his next snack.

Ricky Soutas Jr.

-Soutas Saltwater & Reef Inc.-

I went to my local LFS today & the kid there sold me Mysis shrimp.The only reason is because I told him it ate my cleaner shrimp & he said "well, sounds like it likes to eat shrimp,try this."

I have to go to Beaverton on Saturday to pick up our new bedroom furniture that is coming in. I think I'll go to a real fish store while I'm in the big city:D

I fed him a piece of krill last night.It was just floating on top of the water until it got sucked up against the pump intake so I took a piece & reached down & he took it from my hand.Which was kinda cool in it's own right, then I got to watch him eat it.I know, I'm easily amused.