Thank You Doran & The Fish Tank People

JManrow

Doran Figart "defigart", owner of The Fish Tank People, is donating a $50 Gift Certificate for use at his store, The Fish Tank People, to each teacher participating in the PNWMAS Tanks For Teachers Program.

Thank you very much Doran, for your contributions! We also would like our already generous PNWMAS Sponsors and Members to consider donating to the PNWMAS Tanks For Teachers Program. Anything will be greatly appreciated. Items do not necessarily have to be new, but should be in good working condition. Lighting and other equipment, salt, sand & coral rock(live or otherwise), books, livestock, test kits, gift certificates, and of course tanks are needed. These will all be used in classroom marine aquariums. I am sure most of you are aware of the situation in our schools. More and more budget cuts make it nearly impossible for something like this to be part of our childrens' education without donations. For more information on the TFT Program, please visit the Wiki site at http://tanksforteachers.wikispaces.com/

Please consider donating. You may contact either myself, or any of the other PNWMAS Officers and Board of Directors. Thank you.

I would like to second that! Doran--I want you to know that I'll be 're-gifting' your certificate to my students who are on the Tank Crew. They'll make good use of it, I'm sure.

Thanks again. What John said about the schools is sad and oh-too-true. I was told last week that my budget was "negative". I might have to sell off a couple of students to make up the deficit.... ;)

Dont forget if youve paid your membership dues to the club' date=' you get 10% off your total too. So for at least some of you its like a $55 gift cert.[/quote']

The teachers are all registered at the Wiki site and participating in TFT. We should have them all listed as current PNWMAS Members very soon!

donation

Where can I donate for the TFT program? I don't generally go to the meetings, but I have a couple of items you guys might be able to use. I have a remora skimmer and a 150w halide fixture and ballast with a very slightly used ushio bulb + a brand new bulb. They are just sitting around my garage and I figure you guys can put them to good use.

Mike

Mike,

Thank you for the generous offer. I can pick them up if you would like. Im on the BOD and can make sure they get to John for the "official" donation box.

I know Catholicteacher may be interested in the MH light. He is a little short in the light department right now.

dsoz