Can you identify this coral ?

Looked more like Setosa to me as well.

The polyps power depends upon the amount of nematocysts found on each tentacle (Think of them as miniature harpoons).

If a coral is growing into another coral they usually use their Acontia (Mesenterial Filaments) to kill eachother. They look like little strings, and are best seen when a coral tries growing on the viewing area of the tank as they kill off the algae around it to grow there.

I'd also like to mention that until 7 months ago I wasn't allergic to coral stings, but now am. It's a bit weird really. I brush next to a millepora or a tortuosa, and suddenly I have little round, itchy, lumps on my hands.

I'd also like to mention that until 7 months ago I wasn't allergic to coral stings' date=' but now am. It's a bit weird really. I brush next to a millepora or a tortuosa, and suddenly I have little round, itchy, lumps on my hands.[/quote']

Gotta be careful of allergic reactions. It could be worse the second time. The third time could kill you.

Maybe I'm thinking of bee stings....

Gotta be careful of allergic reactions. It could be worse the second time. The third time could kill you.

Maybe I'm thinking of bee stings....

Lol, hasn't been too bad yet. The lumps can get pretty big but overall they just itch. (laugh)

This has happened on a daily basis though since I've always got my hands in the tank taking care of these guys.

Ricky Soutas Jr.

-Soutas Saltwater & Reef Inc.-

Funny - I had the same thought that Andy did in that the polyp density seemed low for a digi... on the other hand, it seems a lot more upright and branched than the setosa frags I have seen (including mine). Hmmm (scratch)

Oops... Didn't see Isaac's second post.