Not sure if invert but need ID

CA2OR

Looks like a Hawaiian Strawberry Crab as well to me, but I can't really see the white dots on its back with these two pictures. If it does have the dots, then it is a guaranteed yes.

They pose no threat to your reef, but they will eat algae and leftover food. :)

Ricky Soutas Jr.

-Soutas Saltwater & Reef Inc.-

Nevermind, I just took a look at his body structure and it is not a Strawberry Crab.

If he has long eyes, which I'm guessing he does, he is a Uca Fiddler Crab.

Why anyone would willingly sell these to people, I have no clue. You need to have a rock piece poking out of the water for him to climb up to so he can get out of the water from time to time. They also like to have a mud flat. They are a specialty crab to say the least.

Ricky Soutas Jr.

Nice. Wish I was informed correctly when I bought it. Grrr....now that is 2 stores I am not pleased with.

Come on in to our store then. :)

Like I said before, you won't be disappointed. But, if you do please don't buy any fish from us at the moment until the situation with your fishies clears up. The problem would just spread to the new fish.

Ricky Soutas Jr.

Mr. Reef- I do intend on making my way into their some day soon. I will not be buying any fish for at least another 4 or more weeks. But I do plan to pick up a few corals, providing I have space, which I always do).

Jason H-I was told this crab was completely reef safe and did not need any exposure to out of water. Guess I shouldn't say I am displeased quite yet as I don't know exactly what kind of crab it is.