Levasole: where to get this?

danlu_gt

Have anyone try using Levasole pig dewormer (Levamisole Hydrochloride) to treat red flat worms? Seems like people at reefcentral have great success and it's cheaper than Flatworm Exit. If you have tried it, please let me know where you got yours or if you have some left overs?

If you do this in-tank it will kill your pods, worms, snails, hermits, fish etc. I would say your corals have a 50-50 chance of making it if you dose perfectly. This stuff seems so hit or miss. I've seen so many tanks completely devastated by dosing it I personally just wouldn't chance it.

Flatworm exit, if you follow the directions, will work great for those red flatworms.

In case anyone is interested...

Just treat my tank tonight. No ill effect on anything but the red flatworms. Pods, snails, fish, corals, anemones, brittle worms, etc. all didn't show any signs of stress. Couldn't find the same brand/form of levasole as described from reefcentral. Ended up just added a little at a time till red flatworms started to died off. I only kept the skimmer off for about an hour and now the skimmates have a red hue. :)

Glad to hear that it worked out well for you.:)

Where did you end up finding Levamisole, and what brand did you use? What would you say the approximate dosage was that you used for your tank?

After you watch for any surviving flatworms, it would be a good idea to do a partial water change, then run activated carbon on your tank.