fish addition order

jason7504

i plan on getting 2 false perc clowns, yellow watchmen or lemon goby, a 6 line wrasse and maybe a lawnmower blenny...i know that you should add the peaceful fish first and then add the more aggressive fish..

so i was thinking of this:

Adding the false percs

Then goby

Then lawnmower blenny(maybe)

Then the 6 line wrasse last

sound good?

and when i get my 2 clowns, if i get my 2 clowns like several weeks apart, will the first one be more aggressive towards the clown added later?

My lawnmower is a real jerk. He has chased a lot of fish around in his day. He has made sure that there are no other blennies or gobies in the tank. He has chased two sand sifting gobies until they jumped out of the tank.

6-lines also have a bad reputation. Make sure there is nothing new added after those two, or the new fish won't last long.

dsoz

because i like the blenny and have heard they usually have great personalities and also will eat algae...and the 6 line wrasse i have heard of alot of people keeping them in nano's with little or no problems.and i love the coloring and personality of the 6 lines too :D

what would the other option be?

The blenny might work, I'm not sure what else would fit that niche.

As for the sixline, there might be another fish that is similar but less aggressive. I don't have experience with them but a swissgaurd basslet might be good.

I'm not very experienced with fish. I was just passing on what I've heard. Each fish has its own personality and you might get a great one or a terror.

I too love the look of the six lines and they tend to keep several pests under control as well. Unfortunately, in my experience, they also tend to be the most aggressive fish in the tank and have also taken out ornamental shrimp. I have heard fewer anecdotal complaints about 4 line wrasses, however, so that might be an option worth exploring as they are very similar looking - you might like them as well.

Good luck!

I would buy the smallest 6 line you can, and add it very last. When fish start getting territorial, move a couple of rocks around in your tank, then they are too bust find new spots to fight.

I fell personally that a sixline and an algae blennie are two "must haves" in a tank.

That has been my experience. They are wild amimals and the "factory" doesn't set them all exactly the same (laugh)(laugh).

But as I said has been y experience.

(laugh) Yeah, why is it that they can't seem to get the factory setting right on these guys!

One additional note about the 4 lines (and I presume 12 lines as well) is that they do seem to be a little bit more expensive at most the LFSs than do the sixes as they are less common. Still... worth a close look in my opinion as they are equally attractive (I think).

4line = 12 line' date=' depends on how you count them, I guess. LOL This is why I stick with the latin normally, in this case, [i']Pseudocheilinus tetrataenia[/i], tetra = 4, taenia = (roughly translated) lined

Ah... thanks for the clarification Doran. I hadn't seen the 12-line variant of the name used so thought it was a separate species of this guy DOH!

• 2 weeks later...