General Information

JManrow

From the website at http://www.rodsfood.com:

The complete food with the very best ingredients that will feed your entire reef!

Rod's Food is rapidly spreading across the nation. If your local store does not currently carry Rod's food, have them contact us. Organizing a "group-buy" through your local store will benefit everyone involved. Your store will get a risk free deal. Your group will get a discounted price and have Rod's food available locally. We get our product into a new market.

Owner: Rod Buehler

http://www.rodsfood.com

rbuehler@rods-reef.com

By Phone: 815-748-2141

866-760-7333 (reef)

By Fax: 815-787-9007

By Mail:

Rods Reef

15100 Rte 23

DeKalb IL. 60115

• Like 1

Waves is the only one I know of. I need to get out there and get some my fish are going through withdrawls as mysis is it at the moment(laugh)

My blenny loved Rods food that is what got me hooked on it. It would not eat any other food and when I threw some Rods in for the first time he went nuts over it.

If there is enough interest I think Joel would bring in a case or two if we asked him. So everyone post up if interested and lets see what happens. I will pm Joel and see what we can get going.

Thanks for the Forum and positive feedback. I am sorry that I havent made a formal introduction to this site yet (busy).

It's great stuff' date=' though I wish it came in Hikari-style bubblepacks... much more convenient to me than breaking pieces off the slab (hinthint)[/quote']

Andy, I am sorry to say that it wont happen unless I become greedy (nono). There are a few reasons that blister/bubble packs will not work (it could work on the coral blend). We would have to degrade the food to use bubble/blister packs.

The varying particle sizes would make it very difficult for the bubble packs to be evenly packed. We would have to liquefy the product more and or make the particle sizes much smaller and consistant, and/or we would have to add more water and/or gelatin binders. I hate gelatin binders We prefer to sell a high quality product. We dont want to sell gelatin or water. Without the gelatin or water, you are getting your moneys worth and you will find that a little bit of Rods Food will go a lot further than water packed foods or foods that used gelatin binders.

Waves is the only one I know of. I need to get out there and get some my fish are going through withdrawls as mysis is it at the moment(laugh)

My blenny loved Rods food that is what got me hooked on it. It would not eat any other food and when I threw some Rods in for the first time he went nuts over it.

If there is enough interest I think Joel would bring in a case or two if we asked him. So everyone post up if interested and lets see what happens. I will pm Joel and see what we can get going.

Oasis in Redmond has carried it for about a year now. For Central Oregon reefers.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Wow I missed this.

Thanks for the sponsorship Rod's food. Very nice. I have enjoyed your product for some time. So nice to see you showing support to our club.

In addition to Waves and Rose City, Aquaticus also carries Rod's.

Aquaticus DID carry Rod's food - they should be open for another week or two I believe. :(

Good to see Rod's food sponsering our site - I will need more soon!

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...