90gal reef... just a feeler (warning: lots of photos)

prada

Greetings all. I've been thinking of selling my 90gal reef tank for a while now. I'm not 100% sure that I want to unless I feel I'm getting a decent deal. Here's what I have...

1). 90gal AGA tank(built in overflow) 48"x18"x24" and 29gal sump

2). Standard stand and canopy(Canopy opens from the top not front)

3). 2x 250w Metal Halide lighting system. 12k reeflux(1month old), parabolic reflectors, moguls, PFO ballast

4). 2 Lamp Electronic VHO ARO AS220 Ballast Kit with 2x super actinic bulbs 48" (1.5month old)

5). Asm g1x mesh modded, 3500sedra pump

6). Mag 9.5 as a return pump

7). 1 Hydor Koralia 3, 1 1200mj with the upgrade kit

8). Current usa uv gamma sterilizer 8w

9). Two Little Fishies Phosban Reactor 150 with 1.5lb high capacity granular lleft(new)

Live stock (from what I know)

1. 110lb+ live rock. Very purple

2. 150lb+ Aragonite live sand

3. 2 purcula

4. 1 Harlequin tusk 5"

5. 2 blue chromis 1"

6. LOTS of hammer corals big colonies and frags, frogspawn, teel and purple

7. torch

8. Green Brain and Watermelon brain

9. Huge pagoda 10"

10. Toadstool 7" and green toadstool 3"

11. green flowerpot

12. bubble coral

13. derasa clam 5"

14. bright green hydnophora 7"

15. 6 RBTA, all different sizes from 2" - 6"

16. top left, I have no idea what that is. lol.

17. cleaner shrimp, pep shrimp, snails, hermit crabs

18. RODI water system. 1 month old.

Im not looking to part out, although I might get more if I do but for now, I only want to sell the whole tank as is. Make offers? Serious buyers only please :)

fts

2509new.jpg

left side

Leftside.jpg

middle

Middle.jpg

right side

Rightside.jpg

brain

Brain.jpg

brain

WatermelonBrain.jpg

rbta

RBTAandclown.jpg

toadstool

Toadstool.jpg

hammer time lol

MixHammer.jpg

pagoda

Pagoda.jpg

torch

Torch.jpg

unknown

Unknown.jpg

hydnophora

Hydnophora.jpg

green toadstool

GreenToadstool.jpg

bubble coral

Bubblecoral.jpg

derasa

Derasaclam.jpg

gsp

GSP.jpg

flowerpot

Flowerpot.jpg

sump

sumpandeq-1.jpg

lights

reflector-1.jpg

• Like 1

I agree with dj_giantti. Even when the economy was strong, it could be hard to sell a complete system. Now that we're driving off a cliff in a flaming economic wreck packed with dynamite and everclear, it'll only be more difficult.

And it's a beautiful tank. I love the aquascaping and coral placement.

I agree with dj_giantti. Even when the economy was strong' date=' it could be hard to sell a complete system. Now that we're driving off a cliff in a flaming economic wreck packed with dynamite and everclear, it'll only be more difficult.[/quote']

(laugh)(laugh)I love the analogy!!! Your right though, there are many people who can afford 1 or 2 or even 3 pieces of that beautiful coral, but not many who can buy it all. Best of luck to a full sale but it is gonna be hard...

That tank looks great. Does the Harlequin tusk bug anything? I also have some of the unknown stuff' date=' but I don't know the name either[/quote']

Hi, thank you. The Harlequin is actually really friendly. I was shocked when I introduced it to my tank. The only downfall I would say is that it will eat pep shrimps. Which isn't too bad because I thought it would nip at my clam but it doesn't. The funny thing is that it doesn't bother my cleaner shrimp (clap). Since I dont have an aptasia problem anymore, its not to big of a deal.

I agree with dj_giantti. Even when the economy was strong, it could be hard to sell a complete system. Now that we're driving off a cliff in a flaming economic wreck packed with dynamite and everclear, it'll only be more difficult.

(laugh)(laugh)(laugh)

Andy, you are indeed the master of the analogy! Unfortunately, all too accurate as well.

That is a very nice tank - sorry you are having to consider selling but, as others have suggested, probably will have more luck parting out although it is a logistical pain. Good Luck!

I hate saying this but I have found that you would have a easier time sell and if you part it out. You will also make more money that way.

I don't disagree with you at all but I just want to make a simple sale and transaction. I dont want to sell all of my livestocks and then have my tank sitting there doing nothing. Then eventually I'll have to sell the tank and other equipment for dirt cheap assuming nobody wants it. That's not what I really want to do. Im going to wait it out a bit to see what happens. Thanks.

I couldnt agree with you more :D I'm going to wait it out a bit to see what happens. Im posting this sale on Craigslist as well, if I dont hear anything then I will have to part out. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
I've had some really low balling offers' date=' $350????? LOL. I decided that Im going to keep the tank. Thanks.[/quote']

What!?!?! $350?!?! I would have like to have seen your response to that but I bet you couldn't post it on the board (flame). Glad to hear you have decided to keep it though, looks like a really sweet system with some great coral.