Bright Pink BTA split

defigart

Well my Bright Pink BTA was acting funny last night. I thought it was because the RBTA had invaded its "territory" And even though the RBTA is 1/3 the size of the BPBTA I just assumed that was it.

Well this morning. I woke up to find 2 BPBTA's and it looks like it may split again. So my now HUGE BPBTA with was close to 15" across, may be 3 5"(ish) ones.

Pics to come when it comes out of hiding.

Sorry the quality isn't the best. But I was able to get photos of two of the three. Color isn't as good as it has been, but considering it just ripped itself into 3 pieces not to bad.

attachment.php?attachmentid=3739&d=1234138007

attachment.php?attachmentid=3738&d=1234137969

The second pic shows the tentacles closer to actual color. They are translucent pink with bright pink tips. When it bubbles its unbelievable.

post-793-141867742447_thumb.jpg

post-793-141867742448_thumb.jpg

Its under 10K and actinics but washed out with my flash. I took a few good pictures the other day in my tank (not of the BTA unfortunately) and thought I had figured out the White Balance, but set it today and this is what I got. Its a pink not a RBTA I have one of those too, but hes on awalk about and behind my liverock today.

Here is a pick from a month or so ago. You can kinda see it in the background behind the fabled Condy. Again washed out but better pic.

attachment.php?attachmentid=3740&d=1234148029

Heres my RBTA under the same lights for comparison.

attachment.php?attachmentid=3741&stc=1&d=1234148409

post-793-14186774245_thumb.jpg

post-793-141867742452_thumb.jpg