Some one ID please, I give rep points...

CA2OR

Points you got. As for what is on the bottom, I am not sure I never really noticed it not even when I took the pic. I will let you know when I get home though. It may be Mojano, there was some on the other piece I got from the same store. But it kinda looks Zoa'y. <--made that word up out of nowhere, amazing huh? I will let you know.

Looks more mojano'y to me. The fluorescent green tentacles...

Take a good look and make sure you get that booger before it spreads all over you nice new tank.

Do I get extra points for pointing out the hitch-hiker? I'm now shooting for a purple square so I can be like SamAtSLS!

dsoz

• Like 1

I will hook you up. Can't right now says I have to share the love first. but you deserve it non the less, not only did you ID it, you brought it to my attention. It is ok though I have something for him when I get home(plotting) just wait till he tastes this(flame)

I think that I got better pictures from my 7.2MPix P&S than I do from my DSLR camera. I just gotta get a macro lens... Someday after I am done buying reef stuff... If that ever happens. :)

dsoz

Maybe I am just speaking for myself here, but fat chance of being "done buying reef stuff". I have only the macro feature on my dig. I really wanna learn how to capture color. And before you say anything, I already played around with the WB. Could probably use a little more playing around but so far not much difference. In my old Dig I used to be able to leave the shutter open for a while and soak in the light so it would make for very good color in pic's like this. Don't know why I can't figure something out here.

Mine went from this

pics020.jpg

to this

Picture022-1.jpg

to this

summerof2008014.jpg

to this (bottom part of the picture)

August08024.jpg

It is even bigger now. I got it as one of my first corals that I bought. My wife liked the pink color. I could have gotten you a frag off of it when you were here if you were interested... I don't have mojano. :)

BTW, how is that briarium doing in your tank. Mine has not opened since I cut it to get some to you.

dsoz

Mine is less than 9 inches from the top of the tank, and on top of the pile of rocks.

You should place yours so it has either the same or less light than the tank you got it out of. Once it gets used to your tank, then start to bring it near the top. Put it in an area of good random flow patterns and good lighting.

dsoz

awww man when I saw this i was like" yes something I finally know!" an then I read all you guys who blew my moment.....rude.(laugh) lol j.k. yes I'm loving mine as well, I got alittle frag from garrett but when I Switched my light bulbs I think I put them going to long the first day because one branch lost the pink hue(sad).

one branch lost the pink hue(sad).

Treat it nice, give it lotsa love, talk to it every day and the color should come back.

I had an orange one once that was almost bleached to white. With enough care it came back and was growing strong... Then it fell into another coral and lost the battle. :(

dsoz