controller / monitor

mltnguyen

I have pre ordered a cad light pro tank. I am looking to put a controller / monitor on this tank I don’t have any experience with them so I thought I would get your opinions / recommendations.

I have taken a look at the Reef keeper and the AC Jr. and they both look good however not knowing anything about them I don’t want to purchase one just to find out I overlooked one important fact about the unit.

Thanks in advance for your time and thoughts

I don’t see myself upgrading this tank anytime soon.

As far as what I need. I am not sure DOH! . My initial thoughts are lighting, pumps, fans, skimmer, and power heads and monitor temp, ect. This is going to be my first attempt at SPS coral and maybe one small clam so I want to set this system up right and make sure I have all the necessary items to make this successful and not just put a tank together just to say I have one.

Thanks again for all your feedback and time.

I am looking at a reef controller as well. I am torn between the AC 3 and the ReefKeeper Elite. I want a unit that can be controlled / monitored via the Web, as well as something that has decent data logging (I'm a Database guy by trade) :) Price wise they are very similar once fully equipped - appx 590.00. Right now my only concerm is the NET module has yet to ship for the ReefKeeper (according Scott, the Marketing Manager - it should ship next week). Hopefully not a lot of glitches in the new module.

I have the AC III and am very happy with. the base unit comes with PH. ORP, TEMP monitoring and then you can add modules for more probes if your setting up auto topoff or auto water change.You can pruchase the Aquanotes software (or download a limited version) and do all your programing from your computer. also has many alarm features including will email you if anything gets out of wack!. you can access it remotely via the web thru a port on your router

i started out with an AC jr. probably one of the best purchases ive ever made for my system.

the second best purchase i ever made for my system was to upgrade to the AC3. it completely removes all of the anxiety associated with having a reef tank. i can leave for the weekend, and still check on my tank. i can be in a different state all together and have my tank alert me if the temperature gets too high, if the pH gets too high or if the power goes out.

its a wonderful investment if you are serious about being in the hobby. its simply a purchase that comes without any regrets, only benefits.