stores

reefer

new guy here wanting to finally make the fish store extravaganza (rock2)up north!! i am from medford and have been to hollywood in lake oswego, but other than that, its been just local stores. i am hoping to get the skinny on where to DEFINATELY go and if there are spots that I shouldnt waste my time!! thanks for any knowledge on this. :D

Hit up all the sponsor sites. I would make sure to go to WAVES and Seahorse. On the way to waves make sure you get to Upscales. Also close to waves is Aquaticus. On the way to seahorse go to saltwater FantaSeas. Also if going closer to downtown is Rose City and Soutas. Both are good stores (Soutas is by reputation, I have not been in there yet).

Really, of our sponsors, there are are not many that are "bad," beccause they all have good stuff. Some have different items, and some charge more or less than the others for different items. But the stores that charge less usually have a lesser selection because when they do get something good in it is sold very quickly.

HTH

dsoz

Just do the trip around the metro area and hit everyone(laugh) But as in your other post just hook up with Jody no travel and one hell of a selection(rock2) But if you must get away there are a bunch of nice stores here hope you enjoy them(clap)

My $.02:

Seahorse for the very nice corals and helpfull staff

WAVES also has nice corals and helpfull staff

Upscale has pretty nice pieces very nice store

Rose City good prices helpfull staff

I would say to visit in that order as well, but be carefull. If you go to Seahorse first, you may not have any money left for the other guys. The corals there are very tempting.(drooler)

No offense to any sponsers not listed, or listed alike.

Whenever you can. Most of the stores are closed on Mondays.

Week days seem to not be as busy in the stores that I go into. You would get more attention from the staff.

I think that the best time to go in is right after a large shipment of coral comes in.

dsoz

Whenever you can. Most of the stores are closed on Mondays.

Week days seem to not be as busy in the stores that I go into. You would get more attention from the staff.

I think that the best time to go in is right after a large shipment of coral comes in.

dsoz

Visit the websites and get on the mailing list. I think Waves has one as well as fantaseas. Seahorse and fantaseas is where I go. because they are close to me in vancouver. Patrick at fantaseas always has nice fresh big selection of liverock and lots of fish. Seahorse has excelent selection of high end corals as well as lots of common less expensive corals. I personally think seahorse has a great variety of corals of the stores that ive been to. But I have not been to waves. I was at upscales a long time ago and they had a good variety of exotic fish.

Visit them all on payday :D they will all be more then happy to releive you of your extra green.

Jay

I like them all. All are freindly

I would consider World of Wet Pets in Beaverton a waste of time.

If you wanna go to Soutas call ahead, I've never been able to get a hold of them. I might have called them 10 times, never a call back. There hours were varied for awhile so I'd try to make sure they were going to be there before you made the trip.

JMO

If you wanna go to Soutas call ahead, I've never been able to get a hold of them. I might have called them 10 times, never a call back. There hours were varied for awhile so I'd try to make sure they were going to be there before you made the trip.

JMO

I'm very sorry about this pledosophy, please leave a message with your name and phone number and we will immediately call you back when we arrive. It is my fault for not telling anyone this, and once again sorry!

Ricky Soutas Jr.

-Soutas Saltwater & Reef Inc.-

JMO

Couldn't agree more, regarding WoWP

not really bashing so to speak. I do buy something from WoWP, they just don't have the kind of selection that you would find at WAVES or Upscale, etc. Sorry if it seemed to be bashing, I say again I have and do buy somethings from there. But when I am looking for corals they just aren't on the list of choice places to go.

I have to agree with CA20R and Kevin on this one. The store in question is obviously geared towards freshwater, which they do very well. I can honestly not say the same about the saltwater livestock. This is my opinion and experience, and we should be allowed to share this info on these forums. I do from time to time go visit them there, and if they made a turn-around in the salt department I would be the first to get on here and encourage people to visit!