Looking for duncans

reef-fisher

I'm with Grassi - I picked up a single polyp Duncan from Upscales this afternoon. Travis had several more 2' date=' 3 and 4-5 head colonies. They all looked great and were very reasonably priced.[/quote']

Feed it and it will become many(scary)

I'm with Grassi - I picked up a single polyp Duncan from Upscales this afternoon. Travis had several more 2' date=' 3 and 4-5 head colonies. They all looked great and were very reasonably priced.[/quote']

Yeah I saw the ones at Rose City and I liked these much better... plus since I bought a torch too, the duncan was only $12. Can't beat it!

So how quickly can they sprout some new heads? Or you think since I'm feeding him cyclops that he'll keep a single one? (sorry, couldn't help it!) (naughty)

Yeah I saw the ones at Rose City and I liked these much better... plus since I bought a torch too, the duncan was only $12. Can't beat it!

So how quickly can they sprout some new heads? Or you think since I'm feeding him cyclops that he'll keep a single one? (sorry, couldn't help it!) (naughty)

They seem to sprout new heads pretty quickly. It takes time for those heads to create branches. IME. Mine put off 12 new heads and is just barely starting to create new branches.

Feed them mysis and they will grow fast. I feed mine a mixture of PE mysis and formula one as I also target feed my sun coral at the same time. Good luck with it and enjoy(rock2)

I try to feed them every 4 days but go as long as a week as it is messy on the tank. What I do alot of times is feed them on a friday night then sat do a wc. When I feed them I usually cut power to all pumps that way they have a chance to take the food in. After about 15 mins feed them again as they have eaten it usaully and are opened up for some more.

If you are refering to me I will take a pic of when I feed the tank. It turns into one big cloud and not afraid of it just do not want all the junk sitting in the tank to rot. Plus when I feed my fish I overfeed them so the filter feeders get a little extra. I never check nitrates but I bet they are up there at times. Also I throw krill to my plates and scolys so another form of food in there.

Sorry, I shouldn't make comments like this becasue every tank is different. I'm sure you do right by your tanks.

For my tanks I try to leave the junk in there so algae will grow and my snails will have a little food. My snails look hungry all the time, that is one reason I am trying to sell them, I don't want them to starve.

No problem I just do like algea at all. It does not take much to start pissing off certain zoas in my tank. I have already lost a few to some algea that the cuc will not touch. And for some reason I always seem to get it growing on the frag plugs and hate it with a passion.