Lets see those scoly's!!!!

mrgreenthumb

I thought for sure you would have some already...guess we know what is on your wish list now.(naughty)

Nope, I wish. I have never seen one with colors like that first one. When I first posted up I had so many thoughts I just couldn't think what to type. The second one is really nice also. Isaac has a huge one like the second one at Seahorse too.(drooler) Even if he were to sell it I couldn't afford it...

wish they didnt take up so much space i would have a few. there was some crazy ones down here at the lfs within the past 5 or so months. but prices between 30-450 bucks(scratch). i was told they grow pretty darn big. anyone know exactly how big they will get? can they be fragged?

I have seen them up to 6 to 7 inchs across. I have one that is about 3 inchs across and has grown maybe a 1/2 inch in a year. I think they are slow growers but can also be glued to a rock so they do not need to take up sand space. Unlike a plate coral that can inflate and move these pretty much stay put. I fed mine last night and it is amazing to watch it eat a complete krill:eek: Am picking up 2 more this afternoon before the game. And yes they are spendy I saw one go last night for a pretty penny but it was a awsome looking scoly(rock2)

wish they didnt take up so much space i would have a few. there was some crazy ones down here at the lfs within the past 5 or so months. but prices between 30-450 bucks(scratch). i was told they grow pretty darn big. anyone know exactly how big they will get? can they be fragged?

It depends on the species, the one that jptrson posted a pic of, those expand really big, however the species i posted, australis(spelling??) doesn't expand nearly as much. Neither are very quick growers though. You can get them pretty small, I have seen them with as small as a 3in diameter. Mine cost somewhere in the middle of your price range, but well worth it in my opinion. Not sure on how big they get eventually, but I know it would take awhile to get there, and when it did I'm sure you would make room to accommodate it haha. Oh and you can't frag them.

yea they are in scott's tank!!! lets go snag them isaac he has 3 :D

Yeah 3 now but mine are not the bleeding apple type. I did see a few of those today when I got my other 2.The red and green I got is small only about an inch and a half across but sweet looking. The green one I picked up is about 3 and a half and sweet looking it just pops in the tank(rock2) Will post a pic once I can figure out how to get a good pic. Tried today and it was just a blurry messDOH! Photo work is not my forte(laugh)

• 2 weeks later...