Jason's 34g Solana

jason7504

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah im getting 1 turbo today to get rid of my GHA..but i dont want too many because they can knock corals down..and if it starts doing that i will take it out and put it in my fuge

darrellw, i was thinking about getting a emerald crab because they are good at algae control and scavaging but i decided to go a crab free tank becuase i dont want to risk them nipping at fish or corals

darrellw, i was thinking about getting a emerald crab because they are good at algae control and scavaging but i decided to go a crab free tank becuase i dont want to risk them nipping at fish or corals

Yes, that can be a concern, but by emerald has been well behaved. My hermits has been too, other than they think nothing of walking across my zoas (but then some of my snails do that too!).

I am thinking of going with True's again and those Australian black's. The ones that are black and white with yellow side fins. I may have to decide between the 2 different ones though depending on size of fish and how far away from my upgrade I am when I am ready to get fish again.

I imagine most likely about 4 to 6 weeks. My luck it will be the 6. Just installed UV sterilizer today to clean out parasite's if possible from my water. I need to make sure whatever killed my clowns is dead before I add more money in fish to my tank. I already lost $90 in clowns, $80 in tangs, $30 in Psuedochromie's, $20 in Diamond Goby. Not to mention my wife's interest. Gotta get that back.

hey ca2or, don't feel bad it happens to all of us, I will share just 2 of my many losses, I've had 2 super male lineatus wrasses jump out of the tank, even with egg crate, thats $600 retail, I was working at a fish store at the time so it was $200 each for a total loss of $400 :(. I also a a male scotts fairy wrasse from vanauatu die for no apparent reason, another $175. I don't by to many fish anymore, just corals because they are so much easier to keep!!