Jason's 34g Solana

jason7504

here's my tank that i just set up on 1/23/09..

Equipment:

34g Solana

Outer Orbit 150W MH with Phoenix 14k and 3 24w ATI blue pluses and 1 UV indigo sun

Vortech MP10

150w heater

stock return pump

stock skimmer

20 lbs fiji LR and 20 lbs of Timora LR(both fully cured)

15 lbs LS

2nd chamber fuge with chaeto and mangroves

dual switch ATO from autotopoff.com

Azoo Dual Fan

Reefkeeper Lite Controller with temp probe

My livestock:

Fish:

1 False Percs

1 Algae Blenny

2 talbot damsels

1 Green Chromis

Inverts:

CUC: 3 Nass snails, 5 Cerith snails, 5 astrea, and 3 trochus

Purple Crocea Clam

Corals:

Frogspawn

Green Monti

tri color acro

Pink Birdsnest

ORA green birdsnest

orange Frogspawn

Green Milli

green/purple monti cap

Red Sea Fan

zoas

pink/red acro

blue bottlebrush acro

wall hammer

teal candy cane

torch

xenia

sun coral

purple acro

teal acro

mytank.jpg

mytank3.jpg

sumpchambers.jpg

1stand2ndchamber.jpg

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Jason,

Looking good! I like your rock work.

Having just put my rock in 3 weeks ago, I can tell you that Tom Petty is right, "waiting is the hardest part"!

-Darrell

hey darrell,

thanks :)..i was surprised that i could get my atoll aquascape because i haven't been the best at aquascaping in my previous tanks lol..but im happy with it this time :)

yeah it is! its always the hardest part..ive been through it several times in the past with my other aquariums and it sucks lol but in the end its worth it :)

Looks great! Seems like it will come together nicely.

The only thing I can think of is that the rockwork seems a little close to the glass. Are you still gonna be able to clean it? Just a thought. I did the same thing in my tank and had to move some rocks :(

Looks good, I would consider reworking the rock though, just remember that after adding corals and growth you will have a difficult time cleaning glass, this is probably my biggest challenge in my cube tank, IF your doing sps I would keep them 5" off the glass at least to start, as they will continue to grow towards it, if your just doing softies and LPS it wont be as much an issue but still something to consider. From the pic it looks like it would be difficult to clean without ANY corals let alone after they start growing, but I may not be looking at it right.

well i dont think it would be that hard to clean because there is a big enough space to get a hand or mag float in except for that area of rock thats sticking out and almost touching the glass but im going to knock that piece off..i plan on keeping SPS but mainly LPS and some rics

well i dont think it would be that hard to clean because there is a big enough space to get a hand or mag float in except for that area of rock thats sticking out and almost touching the glass but im going to knock that piece off..i plan on keeping SPS but mainly LPS and some rics

Yeah that's the one I was talking about. I wasn't sure about the others. Looks good if ya chip that piece off.