WTB Blue xenia (Cespitularia sp.)

dsoz

I would like to try some of this. If you have any, please let me buy it from you.

If I can't get any locally, I will try to order it online. I hear it does not ship well, and this weather would not be good to ship it in.

dsoz

Dennis,

For sake of clarification. You want the kind that looks like pulsing Xenia, right? But is blue rather then "white-ish".

Doran

Yes.The stuff that I got from you before was more like anthelia.* It spread as a mat across the rocks with individual polyps that came out of the mat.* I want some that looks like the white or brown xenia that I have in my tank, but is more of a blue color.* It usually does not pulse.I tried to copy pictures off other sites to post what it looks like, but for some reason I could not copy pictures.* ???* :(There are some places in SoCal that ship the Cespitularia, but it would be more than $100 to get a small piece. If that is what I want, then that is what I may have to pay and hope it lives. If it does split, then the possibilities of selling frags is good in this area.dsoz

Why so much from SoCal? what stores did you look at? You can try Global Aquatic's in Ontario, CA or Aquariums in Motion in Fullerton Ca. Another idea would be Vivid aquariums in Pasadena they are quite expensive though. I would think you would have the best luck with Global. They are massive, wholesalers that sell to public.

here is a copy of craigs list add blue xenia is listed. and it is a great shop

well We have done it we have stepped out side of the local vendors. & got sweet rare corals fish & more we just got in 10 boxes of fish & coral a 5000.00 order in are shop has just pulled up & are door we are unpacking the order we got lot of blue/reds/hard coral soft coral & much more you will not see corals like this in other store local. we stepped up to the plate to bring you new items & not the same old stuff we also have blue xenia. & other crazy colors. this order will not last. you must come see we also have a lot of fish.

WE are located @

Kleen ur k9

1436 A st

washougal wa 98671

360-210-5306

we don't have new photos yet but i sure you will be happy when you see this order it has knocked my socks off

Ya, $60, then add S&H to get near the $100 mark. That is what I'll have to do if I can't find it local.

here is a copy of craigs list add blue xenia is listed. and it is a great shop

well We have done it we have stepped out side of the local vendors. & got sweet rare corals fish & more we just got in 10 boxes of fish & coral a 5000.00 order in are shop has just pulled up & are door we are unpacking the order we got lot of blue/reds/hard coral soft coral & much more you will not see corals like this in other store local. we stepped up to the plate to bring you new items & not the same old stuff we also have blue xenia. & other crazy colors. this order will not last. you must come see we also have a lot of fish.

WE are located @

Kleen ur k9

1436 A st

washougal wa 98671

360-210-5306

we don't have new photos yet but i sure you will be happy when you see this order it has knocked my socks off

I'll have to look into this

dsoz

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I broke down and ordered from Drs. Foster& Smith. I feel bad about it. I normally don't get anything on-line that I can get at a local store. I like the idea of supporting our local economy, and I want all the good fish stores around here to stay in business. But since none of them had it, and Drs. gives a 30 day stay alive guarantee, I broke down and got some from them... I actually got three pieces.

If I can keep it alive and get it to grow and split I will be up for trades and selling it. I gotta get my money back from ordering them somehow.

I will post a thread if/when I have some for sale.

dsoz

I broke down and ordered from Drs. Foster& Smith. I feel bad about it. I normally don't get anything on-line that I can get at a local store. I like the idea of supporting our local economy, and I want all the good fish stores around here to stay in business. But since none of them had it, and Drs. gives a 30 day stay alive guarantee, I broke down and got some from them... I actually got three pieces.

If I can keep it alive and get it to grow and split I will be up for trades and selling it. I gotta get my money back from ordering them somehow.

I will post a thread if/when I have some for sale.

dsoz

Put me on the list Dennis :)

WOW, you guys are fast.

I want to make sure it stays alive and grows first. It is supposed to be a slow grower for a soft coral.

It is supposed to be a bad shipper, but the three pieces that I have seem to be doing OK.

I forgot my camera at school, so when I bring it home next week I'll be sure to take pictures.

dsoz

Just a warning... The first few will be more $ because of rarity. If I can get these to split, I was thinking about $50 per stalk . That would cover some of the expense for shipping it out here. I paid $45 + an average of $9 shipping for each = $54

After the first few, I will probably drop the price. :) But only for friends.

dsoz

No, I already have some of that. It is growing mostly in between my rocks.

What I am talking about is this...

p-48801-Cespitularia.jpg

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=597+1492+2295+2753&pcatid=2753

My camera is at school to take pictures of a project the students were working on. I will probably bring it home this week to get some pictures up.

dsoz

Here they are... The actual frags that I bought.

Blue cespitularia (three pieces)

IMG_4361.jpg

IMG_4360.jpg

IMG_4353.jpg

ORA green birdsnest

IMG_4356.jpg

Hodag's montipora confusa and "giant" green polyp duncan (all of 1/2 inch diameter)

IMG_4354.jpg

I also got this rock and monster RBTA from Jason at CRPC.

IMG_4359.jpg

and here is my euphyllia forest. Several pics

side

IMG_4362.jpg

front

IMG_4364.jpg

IMG_4363.jpg

dsoz

It is wedged down in a crack, so I have not seen the whole thing. But this morning it was about 9 inches the long way, and about 5 inches the short way, and was sticking out of the crack about 4 inches.

I can't wait for it to split! Then I can have some fun with the clones. :)

dsoz