my 14 gal in my kitchen

drunkreefer

has a six line wrasse two green pac man gobies plus a pair of wheelers gobies with a randalis pistol shrimp and a pair of black sadle back clowns living in a green bubble tip and two filter feeding cucumers plus one sand sifting one. Two tube worms Acros monties and birds nest one torch some lps. Snails hermets red brittle star emerald crabs zoo anthids and more

Welcome to the club. I hope that you can make it to a local meeting so we can meet you in person. There is one tomorrow (Sunday, January 18) in Oregon City. See the homepage for more details. Otherwise, they are once a month on the 3rd Sunday.

That sounds like a lot in such a small tank. I hope that it is stable and that it does well for you.

I second the pic request.

dsoz

You didn't waste our time. You introduced yourself, and set up anticipation for more... There is literary value in how you set up this thread. :) Now we keep checking on it until we see some pics!

I am not being critical with these questions, just curious.

How do you feed the two filter feeding cucumbers?

What kind of light is on it? Stock or upgraded?

Have you done any mods on the tank? If so, what?

Have you made one of the back chambers into a fuge yet?

How often do you do water changes?

How long has it been set up?

How much LR?

Sand or barebottom?

Stock filters or modified?

Stock return pump or upgraded?

Other flow (additional powerheads)?

I still think that 7 fish, an anemone, and 3 cucumbers is a bit much for that size tank. I really hope that it does not crash on you.

Have you been to www.nano-reef.com yet? It is specialized for small aquariums. Go there to check out how most of the "old timers" stock their tanks and you will see what I mean (2-3 fish, no cucumbers, and no anemone, but lots of corals). If you were to post this list there you would have been flamed really bad. Look at this thread http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=165175&st=0&start=0 I think that post #18 is a 14g biocube so you can compare.

dsoz

dsoz

LOL dsoz, I got flamed on nano reef for putting an orange spot goby in my 7 month old tank because I didn't know his exact species name when I put him in. I agree that that tank may be a bit overstocked, but people will often flame for very little reason on nano reef. That's why I mostly stay over on PNWMAS. Even when you've made a dumb rookie mistake, people are still nice about it.

Well the tank is about 16 gals if you count the back portion of the tank that has been cut out for a fuge. It has a nano skimmer hang on rated for 24 gals a two little fishes phos ban reactor with phos lock and a 175 watt hqi with a 15 k bulb. It gets a water change two hours after every feeding which is fish every other two evey three days with a mix ofarti pods by reef nutrition pc mysis, the corals get feed every three days a mix of argent cyclop-eeze and dt's oyster eggs, the bubble tip gets feed one time a week frozen table shrimp or oyster, the filter feeders get phyto feast by reef nutrition Ect. the tank gets it's water flow from a #1 hydor koralia and the return pump of course. Been up and running for aboutb7-8 months never crashed just red slime fun, also has a pin point ph monitor on it and I dose a two part cal. Magn. Stron. Iodine kh. And use eight four for ph buffering. Picts soon!

It sounds like you are on top of the water quality issues. I re-read my post, and I sounded a little harsh. I did not intend to sound like that. I was just hoping that you were not making the noob mistake to put as many fish in the aquarium as they show on the box. It sounds like you are doing well.

dspz