Anything I should do different?

CA2OR

Looks good. Make sure you have enough space to manipulate the skimmer. It will need to be able to be cleaned (including the entire body every so often). Also be able to get to the needle wheel of the skimmer pump to clean it. Live rock in the sump can build up Nitrates. I have a few pieces, but they are under heavy flow. Where is your return pump? Is it plumbed externally? Have you planned for evaporation? Usually, a seperate area for return is usefull so that evap can be monitored.

Good Luck.

Kris

IMO it is backwards.

The return pump goes on the side of the bubble trap.

I've looked at this tank a few times in person and never noticed that. It really could run either way but it may run better flipped around. Especially for pods to be able reproduce and flow back into the tank. That would only help your mandrin also.

The first question to pop into my mind is how many gph is your return pump?

I'm actually supplying the pumps. I have about 20 pumps, so we are gonna try out a few to see the flow on the tank with them. Any suggested gph range for this tank(36g)? I have anything from what you would use to move water in a 5g all the way to a return for a 200g size tank.

IMO it is backwards.

The return pump goes on the side of the bubble trap.

That is what I thought at first also, but it seems as if the over flow (pictured in the upper left corner) will dictate the direction of flow. Is that eggcrate in the overflow area?

Jay