Red bug?

MadReefer

Looks like it to me. I'm no expert, so I'll let other weigh in, but the orange/yellow color with the red dot (head?) definately looks like it.

If the coral is new, maybe you can take it out quick enough to prevent spread. Dip it in Intercept. I don't think the Coral Revive kills red bug - or there is at least some doubt there, but that would be worth doing if you have any.

Can you keep it seperate after dipping? Intercept(Interceptor?) will kill the bugs, but there is still debate on whether it kills the eggs.

Red bugs only fed on acroporas.

Go get some Revive or Topic Marin Pro Coral Cure. Dip it and swish it really hard maybe you can shake them off. Hard to beat them by pulling the coral out of your tank but it might work for you.

Red bugs can only live 7 days, (I believe w/o a host), theirs eggs.... not sure on hatching time.

I don't see any dots on it with my eye. I'm wondering if it could have been a copepod. It is a tiny frag and it is the only acro I have. I have not treated it yet because I have nothing to treat with. I'm just wondering where it came from; my only new corals are from people on this forum. So if it is a red bug others would have them also.

My plan is to not get anymore acro for a while. And to watch this one close. This one is looking very good, all polyps out and happy. So I'll just keep my eye on it. Before I get too much more coral I'm going to start iodine dipping everything as well as testing for and adding iodine. Does that sound like an okay plan?

TMPCC will get rid of them, I have had a few battles with them, just make sure you follow the directions and also don't be lazy and just dip once, you should do at least 3 dips in a three week period. The red bug will not kill the coral only suck the life out of it when the population gets bigger and the growth will cease. Get them out while the numbers are few. I have never lost a coral to RB's but I have lost lots of corals by dipping, just do it as the directions say and be patient.

Yes i am 100% positive. That is a redbug. I've had them twice. Like i said not the worst. Might cause less PE and a cause a colors to be a little drab. QT and about 4 weeks of TMPCC dips will rid them IME

ok....sorry again for dumb question. It just looks like a pod on my screen here at work, cheesy monitors I guess.(comp)