live aquaria chalice pack

coralreefaquarist

It sound like it might be worth a drive to Portland. We have some great chalice frags in stock. There are usually some nice chalices at Upscales and Waves also.

-Seahorse Aquarium Supply

true and the shipping sucks. no lfs around here will stock much lps or sps

Sometimes when you add gas and drivetime, it's cheaper to have it shipped. And liveaquaria.com has a 14 day guarantee. Why don't local fish shops have a 14 day guarantee? If you want to get what you see, diversden at liveaquaria.com works. I do like liveaquaria.

On the other hand I try to buy local if I can. Often I pay more but I do it anyway. That being said, I don't understand how some LFSs stay in business trying to charge an arm and a leg. Maybe some people don't shop around at all. I don't have the luxury of buckets of money laying around, so I have to get the most for what I have. I had a few stores in SLC that I liked. Since the move here I've been looking for great stores around me. I have found a few that I like and some that I wont go back to.

Just my two cents.

If you are ever in Portland and stop in to our shop please mention PNWMAS and we will make sure you get a great deal. Personally I think that we are really lucky to have so many great shops in Portland. Also even if something costs more to buy locally you will be keeping money in the state which is a great thing in times of economic distress.

And the same to you Isaac. I am really looking forward to seeing your store. I hear so much good about it. I have been trying to find a store out here that makes me want to spend the same kind of money I spent in CA. I am not saying anything bad about ANY stores out here. It is just that, more than likely due to fierce compitition, some of the stores in SoCal are either extremely elegant or have massive selections. And yes their prices are steep most of the time, but they leave you with the impression that you are safe to spend money there. I spent over $15,000 on my cichlid tanks out there. Again, I am not saying anything about the stores I have been to here. I just find myself unable to commit to a buy out here. <--- a feeling I am not used to. Sorry if this offends anyone. I have only been to 3 stores out here.