Darrell's 20 gallon glass nano

darrellw

Quick update, the dKH is finally falling to normal levels, 12 or 13 now. Ca is up to 440, had a hard time getting it above 400 until the dKH came down a bit (I believe that is to be expected).

Nitrates continue to test out at 0. Shouldn't I be seeing them rise? I'm not complaining, just want to understand. I've only changed about 5 gallons total since my initial fill.

Just a few strands of green hair algae left. Many patches of reddish/purpleish coraline growing, and either some lime green coraline or just regular algae.

Clowns and the goby seem happy. The coral shimp likes to hang out in the back, patrolling back and forth. Hopefully it will become a little bolder.

-Darrell

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some photo updates. First, some "hardware" updates. I finally installed the panel in front of my electrical compartments, and mounted the VorTech controller. I also made a retaining strap for the door, so it can function as a little shelf when open.

I removed the legs from my Solaris, and hung the it from the ceiling using Sunlight Supply hangers, so I can move it up and down easily. Much easer to get access to the tanks now.

Finally, I installed my black egg crate cover. The acrylic cover was starting to warp, and the condensation was really diffusing the light. I was also amazed how much light it reflected back into the room, it really darkened the room once I changed over. The shimmer effect is much stronger now, as well.

post-3179-141867742887_thumb.jpg

post-3179-14186774289_thumb.jpg

post-3179-141867742892_thumb.jpg

Very nice tank. Hope your clowns do a full recovery. Sorry to have to ask but what was wrong with them?

I still have no idea. There was never any visible external signs of anything. First one just started acting lethargic, almost like a zombie fish (it swam, but appeared to be completely unaware of anything, not eating, etc). A week later the other fish "came down" with it, another week later they started to show interest in food again, and getting more active.

-Darrell

Crazy. I am experiencing something like that with my sand sifting goby right now. He just sits in the front corner of the tank and doesn't respond to anything. I actually ran my hand down there and actually touched him and he still didn't try to run. Makes me nervous.