I'm looking for a job.

MadReefer

Hello,

My name is Jesse. I'm from Utah.

I moved to Oregon with my wife a couple months ago. Job hunting hasn't been very good and I thought maybe some of you can help. I live in Corvallis with my in-laws but I am able to move to the right job. I have experience with PC technical support, aide teaching at an elementary school, woodworking, serving at a restaurant, and cashiering. I have my associate of science degree, plus other physics- and education-related credits from the University of Utah. I have many talents and am looking for a career I can enjoy for many years. I wouldn't mind working at a marine and reef store.

Thank you,

Jesse

go to www.vestas.com They are in downtown Portland, it is where I work. You will need a refferal to get in but we are expecting something like 850 new jobs to open in the next couple months. If you need, I will refer you. But based off your education I think you would be a good fit in this company. The pay is good, the benifits are the best I have ever heard of. Lot's of PTO and paid holidays, 40hrs a year sick. all paid.

Thought about going back to school to get a bachelors Jesse? With all the grants and stuff being given out right now it seems like the time to go if you already have half it done. I have never been without a job so I cant help on the job search. Employment office? What are you really looking for??

Ryan's suggestion is a good one -- bump that Associates degree up to a Bachelors, particularly if you don't have kids (yet). Over the past several years, I've seen a shift in the talent pool... jobs that used to go to people with 2-year degrees are now going to 4-year folks. Career-level job candidates have their Masters' more often than not.

CA2OR, I have checked the website and they don't have any jobs at the moment. Maybe I did the wrong search. I thought I would just check back from time to time. My wife doesn't want to live in Portland, or near it, but I think I could talk her into it if I find a good job. It would be a long commute so I would have to move shortly after taking a job in Portland.

Well what kind of experience do you have. We don't post all the open positions online until it has made it's way around the current employees from what I understand. I can look up open positions and let you know what they are but it would help if I knew what you had experience in.

Tech support, customer service, education, and more. It's hard for me to nail it down. I always have fun and am able to do any job I have ever taken. I am looking for something that is either very challenging or always changing. I know that doesn't say much, so,, I love: building things, science, challenges, and creativity. Mainly I've done (from oldest to newest) graphic arts, woodworking, customer service and sales, tech support, and education. My interests include camping, backpacking, fly-fishing, rock collecting, skiing, brewing beer, building computers, gaming, movies, solar cooking, alternate energy, and (you knew it) reefing. I have fun working with any of these interests.

Maybe I need to finish school, I was going to be a physics teacher. But for school classes, I find the physics part so much more fun than the teaching part. So I decided I don't want to be a teacher, so I was trying to decide what degree I wanted and now I moved away and thought maybe I could find a career that would allow my wife and I to have a kid or two and buy a house. That is all I want. Sorry I run on sometimes, it is stream of conscience writing.

Tell you what, I am off wed and thur, but when I return I will send you a PM and if you are online I will list whatever jobs I see that fit you. We are an international company, and spanned all across the US. If you don't want Portland that is fine, they will even relocate you if you fit the position. I will help in any way I can, being unemployeed is no joke and I hope to help you.

Maybe I should start oil painting again with my free time. I could paint my fish and corals. I did sell a painting once. I'm not sure it counts if I sold it to my brother. But I only sold it to him because he wouldn't let me put it on the internet for sale because he wanted it. I've never tried to sale any other paintings. I guess now I'm just thinking out in type.

So you are looking too? There are 2 reasons why I keep offerring.

1. We are about to have 850 new open jobs

2. and most importantly...I get $1000 for any referral that stays 90 days.

There is no probation period, Bene's start on day one. PPO at no charge to you.

Med, Dent, Vis, Life.

man...I am seriously bummed on how the economy is right now. More and more people are getting laid off or let go. Businesses are being closed down. Very very sad. If there is anybody that needs help with finding a job. I will do everything I can to assist. No guarentee but I promise to try

Bank of America is hiring like crazy in the mortgage division in Hillsboro. mortgage sales and processing. Good income with great incentive. Benefits are incredible, full health, dental, vision, life insurance, bank funded health care credit line, 80 hours sick leave and starting 80-120 hours vacation each year depending on the job.check out the job search tool online or let me know and i may be able to help.