racefan

Hi I'm the new guy here. I'm in Kelso Wash.I've had a fresh water tank but I'm looking at getting into saltwater.My brother & son have saltwater tanks & have gotten the bug in me.Due to putting both kids through college at the same time I'm going to stay with a nano for now.I'm sure I'll have lots of questions.

WELCOME NEW TOAD!!!!:) If for some reason you find a used tank, maye one that has been a freshwater, be very careful. A lot of treatment for fish in fresh contain copper, The copper gets into the silicone and can leach back into the tank. Huge NO NO Just an fyi

Brandy is talking about the meeting on the 18th, in Oregon City. If you are on Washington St. (SE Portland?) then it should only be a 20 minute drive at the most. That is unless you are somewhere else.

If you can make it, let me know and I will bring you a scoop of sand out of my tank to help seed your tank with all the "good stuff" that is in the sand bed. It will help your cycle get going faster, and help your tank mature.

dsoz

Brandy is talking about the meeting on the 18th, in Oregon City. If you are on Washington St. (SE Portland?) then it should only be a 20 minute drive at the most. That is unless you are somewhere else.

If you can make it, let me know and I will bring you a scoop of sand out of my tank to help seed your tank with all the "good stuff" that is in the sand bed. It will help your cycle get going faster, and help your tank mature.

dsoz

Guess I'd better expand my location.I'm in Kelso,Washington.Darn though I'd love to take you up on the sand offer!

I have said for a long time now that Reef keeping is more addictive than cocaine...(scary)(drooler):eek:

Wait wait. Does this help your corals grow faster?? (laugh)

Welcome to the site. We have a wacky but very fun bunch. Ask away and you will get a plethora of responses. Always someone willing to help.