30g project

CA2OR

:eek: you have a mandrin in a 12 gallon(scary) watch it an see if its eating frozen food....if not put in a order for pods pronto or you'll loose him. if you have people around you with established tanks see if you can borrow some live rock(thats established and full of pods) till you get your order of pods. For the magority of mandrins their only going to eat pods and need a large established system.....even then most resposible owners what their pod population cause that tiny fish is a pig and can blow through a pod city in no time.

okay your hair algae is not a huge problem I had mine for a while...still do if I overfeed and the more bioload the more algae......so if you hate it eithercut your population or become a clean freak. Imho many of the chemicals you can get to rid algae are a waste of money an really not something you want to add to your routein , how old is your tank? do you feed heavy? whats your cleanup crew like? you say your hermits only eat of the sand? what kind are they?......also both the sea hare and lettuce nudi only eat algae so you need to be able to constantly have a source in your tank or they die and then you have spikes in other stuff...the domino affect is overwhelming(sad).you could always grow algae in your fudge but I have no idea if it would be enough to feed one...I have no experience with sea hares....only lettuce nudibranch. I Hope you find a happy medium with your pets ......an you could always just upgrade(laugh).

Just brought tank up yesterday, here is the pic's that I got from the setup.

Return pump and corner adapter for return

Returnandcornerpiece.jpg

Corner and Nozzle

Cornerandnozzle.jpg

Return assembled

Returnassembly.jpg

Skimmer rated for 60g

Skimmer.jpg

Live rock rubble from Rose City

LiverockrubblefromRoseCity.jpg

After adding sand from Rose City

Tankjustaftersandandwateradded.jpg

1 hour after sand was put in and return pump fired up

36juststarting.jpg

Rock stack around flow pump

Stackaroundflowpump.jpg

End of day 1

36gfirstdaycycle.jpg

After running over night

0123091227.jpg

LRR section and corner stack around flow pump

0123091227b.jpg

Macro algae. Caulerpas are sometimes used in displays, I like them, some people don't. Chaetomorpha is the best for refugiums, in my opinion. It's all the good algae. There are others like kelp and there are true plants like seagrass. Some take special care, some are just like weeds.

Another opinion of mine is that I would rather have a caulerpa problem than any micro algae as a problem.