New Fungia

Algae

Here is a new Fungia I got a couple of week ago at Aqua Serene. It was in the main display tank and was removed for renovation of the tank. I really like these guys. They need carbon and hence feed actively (even flake!). I'm going to try to get a photo of the feeding behavior, eventually.

DSC_0054.jpg

Nice specimen. I love to watch mine eat. I put pieces of freeze-dried krill on the side of mine just to watch it move it up to the mouth. It is way cool, except that I have to keep my tang away from them when I feed, otherwise the stupid fish will steal the food.

dsoz

It is way cool, except that I have to keep my tang away from them when I feed, otherwise the stupid fish will steal the food.

dsoz

lol. I have to pollute the other end of the tank to keep my Tang away. It is a good thing they are such wonderful fish, otherwise....fillet.

lol. I have to pollute the other end of the tank to keep my Tang away. It is a good thing they are such wonderful fish' date=' otherwise....fillet.[/quote']

Go and buy a clear acrylic tube from TAP Plastics or somewhere similar. If it is large enough it can slide over the plate and you can spot feed it and also watch. Plus the tang can't get to the food.

Another option is to use a piece of PVC that fits into or around a 2 liter bottle. Stick the PVC on the cap end of the 2 liter and cut off the bottom of the 2 liter to fit over the plate. This is cheaper and uglier but will work.

Go and buy a clear acrylic tube from TAP Plastics or somewhere similar. If it is large enough it can slide over the plate and you can spot feed it and also watch. Plus the tang can't get to the food.

Another option is to use a piece of PVC that fits into or around a 2 liter bottle. Stick the PVC on the cap end of the 2 liter and cut off the bottom of the 2 liter to fit over the plate. This is cheaper and uglier but will work.

Really nice, elegant solution! Thanks!