Some People!!!

TankIt

So I was over at Hollywood Aquarium the other day just checking things out since I had a few minutes of my lunch time to kill. I like to over hear newby questions to store employees to see how they respond and find out who is really knowledgable and who likes to talk big to make sales. The customer was having some trould with Cyno and asked for some options for a cleaner crew since he has a HUMAHUMA trigger fish....... The employee did not really answer so I offered some knowledge of experience, and told him basics. First clean out what you can then increase flow and o2. Then he said he couldn't really add much more flow cause its only a 10 GALLON TANK!!!! WITH A HUMAHUMA!!!! So calmly I asked him if he knew how big they get and if he knew that it was probably already way to big for his tank, and he just said I know if he gets to big I'll trade him off. Then he said he had a bunch of hair algea on his rock and stuff and wanted something that would eat it. Then before me or the employee could answer he added that he also had a young LION FISH IN THE !) GALLON WITH THE HUMAHUMA!!!!!!! I about dropped to the floor. I makes me so frustrated at the way some people can be so nuronic when it comes to their pets. If more people would just take a little time and do some research about a pet before they buy it whatever it is then things would be a lot easier on the natural balance thats for sure!!!!! Our reefs would be better of and we would not have shelters to the max with dogs and cats!!!!!

OK sorry the grip setion but I had to get it out....... Thanks for listening:D

IME Foxfaces and tangs do a good job on algae. ;)

I think that the guy should get one of each, a yellow tang, and a foxface rabbitfish. They would get along so great because they look so much alike. They should both fit in that 10g along with the lion and the trigger.

ARGH!!!!

I think that the guy should get one of each, a yellow tang, and a foxface rabbitfish. They would get along so great because they look so much alike. They should both fit in that 10g along with the lion and the trigger.

ARGH!!!!

Finally someone on the same page.

Then once a day he could just use some tongs, take the fish out and turn and face the fish the other direction. They should be happy switching directions once a day.

Hollywood Aquarium

I do want to be more clear about it, though Hollywood is not my first choice or second for that matter They do have a ok selection of overall healthy stock to what I have seen. Though the employee did not seem to be as knowledgable as I ffel he should have been working in an aquarium store. He was not the idiot in this case and did not say much to the person about the wrongs he was doing he did state that was a very over loaded tank and would probably even be to much for a 55 gallon tank before long even if they are small now. I definatly do not think that Hollywood was the place that sold him the fish. He seemed more like a "PETCO" sort of guy(scratch).

(whistle)I would also like to take this time and wish the fish a quick death maybe with some flying lesson to go along with it if they would accept that.:p(fingers)