Looking for live brine shrimp

Queen Angel

Thanks

If I can get away from making pies today, I want to go get some eggs so I can hatch them. Good idea, thanks!

I did try Hollywood Aquarium, but at this time, they dont have any. Too bad, they are the closest to me.

Joel at Waves had the idea to try live rotifers (I think thats what he said) he said they might be too small though. He also said something about a net type thing that you put food in and the fish will pick at it. Sorry Joel if I got that completely wrong.

Im having such bad luck with getting a queen angel. This one is just not doing well. I did buy it local this time too.

thanks for the good ideas.

Tam

Yah try hatching your own tonight and see if it will eat. Is this fish in QT? For future reference i would suggest a QT for all new fish. Makes it much easier to watch for infections or disease and also easier to target feed.

Good luck! Lets us know how it goes.

She's not exactly in QT, but she is in my 20 gallon long sump that has rock and alot of calepra (?) and chaeto in it. She had a few frozen brine shrimp today and picking at the rocks a little.

Soon as I finished with making the fudge, Im going to Joel's. Im sure he has brine shrimp eggs.

thank you

LOL... Oh man.. maybe thats the problem. She is smelling lemon meringue pie and is holding out!

Wow...I could have never spelled that word...meringue :D Sorry to hear about your fish. I had Isaak order me a Blond Nasso Tang and was very excited when I got it only to see it slowly lose weight till it died. It was eating good but not good enough I guess. Some fish are just great for a aquarium and some are not. I really dont think its the species some times. One Regal tang will just not live while the next one will grow fat and live long. Dont give up on your angel that you want is what Im saying. Try another someday when you see one at a LFS that is fat and eating.

Jay

Man I wish I would see a Queen Angel in a fish store that is fat and happy. They dont seem to last long in the stores. Are there really that many people with Fish Only tanks out there. Geez, would love to meet them. I only know of people with Reef tanks.

My problem is when I do find a queen, they have usually just came in the day before. And I hear from the store owner that if I dont want him they no someone else that is looking for one.

Joel had a real nice one for awhile but he said it had been returned three times because it keeps bullying other fish.

If anybody sees a queen angel in there outings to the shops, could you let me know?

thanks,

Tam

for future reference, i personally think that tigger pods and freshly hatched brine are going to be waaaaaaaaaay to small for even a juvenile queen. World of wet pets on the beaverton hillsdale hwy ALWAYS has adult brine. I know because i stop by there weekly to get them for my seahorsies. When you do get your queen and you get your adult brine to fatten her up make sure you enrich the brine with some selco, phyto, vitamin c, whatever you can get your hands on!! Let them soak in the enrichment for at least 12 hours!!! Then you will have a nice nutritious live food that will fatten up your queen and help to ween HER onto some piscine energetics mysis shrimp!!! I just don't think baby brines or tigger pods would even put a dent in her appetite. Furthermore, growing out brine to adulthood is easier said than done!!! They are dirty little buggers, and require more attention than most people realize, not to mention it takes at least 2 weeks to grow them out to adulthood!!! Hope that info helps! If you are to impatient to wait for a lfs to get a queen, this is the only, and i mean the only place i would order one from online. http://www.liveaquaria.com/diversden/CatDisplay.cfm?c=2733+3

They had one in stock last time i was browsing. They also quarentine for a long time, and i have had nothing but good luck with their fish. Hope that helps!!

I know Hollywood Aquarium usually has brine shrimp. Good to know World of Wet pets does too. They had a nice sale going on this last weekend. I got a bucket of salt for 20% off.

It lookslike way too much trouble to grow my own adult brine shrimp. But I do like the idea of fattening the ones I get from a LFS with vitamns before I feed them to my fish. Your right the tigger pods were way too small. But they were a great additive to my refugium anyways.

Thanks,

Tammy