Black Friday is coming!!!

impur

remember that's 5" diagonal - so it's quite a bit. My suggestion is to take some paper/cardboard and cut out the sizes you're thinking and tape them to the wall or something, then sit where you think you might be in relation to that to look at sizes.

You will never walk away saying "This is too big, I wish I went smaller."

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

42" Toshiba Regza 1080P/120HZ.

That was our Christmas present last year. We really like it. Got it for a really good deal too.

Another question can you play other dvds on blue ray?

Yes, you can play DVDs on a blu-ray player. It will even attempt to upscale them to near HD quality.

remember that's 5" diagonal - so it's quite a bit. My suggestion is to take some paper/cardboard and cut out the sizes you're thinking and tape them to the wall or something, then sit where you think you might be in relation to that to look at sizes.

You will never walk away saying "This is too big, I wish I went smaller."

I had a rear projection 60" Mitsubishi that was an amazing TV but I wanted to reclaim some of my living room. I purchased a 42" plasma and when I got it home I decided it was still too big. I returned it and went with a 37" LCD. It was perfect for my room and the distance from the couch to the TV.

I've bought multiple TV's from Video Only, and even traded a reef tank for a big plasma once to an employee there. They get my business every time. Best place to shop, no question about it. You always get a much better set for the same or cheaper than the other stores.

Later Ryan - Go check them out after you go to Costco.... Later Sam :)

Walmarts black friday ad is out. Its the best one yet. You spoke to soon (laugh)

Polaroid 42" 1080p LCD HDTV $598

Samsung 50" Plasma HDTV - $798

http://bfads.net/WalMart

Except, that 52" is likely only 720p, the 42 is made by Polaroid, curiously no model numbers are shown - and it's wal-mart which is like dealing with the devil, or at the very least local business killers.

Except' date=' that 52" is likely only 720p, the 42 is made by Polaroid, curiously no model numbers are shown - and it's wal-mart which is like dealing with the devil, or at the very least local business killers.[/quote']

Yah you're probably right. Not to mention you have to camp there overnight.

Yea i'm assuming that most of these are "Rumors" that are out now...but thats just me' date=' i guess i'll just wait for the paper!![/quote']

bfads.net has the actual ads already scanned. The stores send them in early.

slickdeals.net has lots of deals

fatwallet.com also has tons of deals going on.

Those are the 3 i primarily visit.

Okay $675 shipped for a 1080 37" HD LCD Vizio

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11318987&whse=BC&Ne=4000000&eCat=BC|79|43064&N=4018654&Mo=15&No=12&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&cat=74653&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1〈=en-US&Sp=C&topnav=

Better deal???

The BFAD still shows instore you can get the 37" Vizio for $500 in 720 instead of 1080. Is there a big difference? Thanks

Okay $675 shipped for a 1080 37" HD LCD Vizio

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11318987&whse=BC&Ne=4000000&eCat=BC|79|43064&N=4018654&Mo=15&No=12&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&cat=74653&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1〈=en-US&Sp=C&topnav=

Better deal???

The BFAD still shows instore you can get the 37" Vizio for $500 in 720 instead of 1080. Is there a big difference? Thanks

the difference is more than a 2x increase in the resolution!

720p is 1280x720 = 921,600 pixels

1080p is 1920x1080 - 2,073,600 pixels.

Okay so definitely go with the 1080 no question! Later Ryan

Not so fast. For TVs under 50", the human eye has a VERY very tough time telling the difference between 1080p and 720p. If you are looking at a 32" or 37" save yourself some $$ and get 720p. If you are thinking 42" the decision is yours you'll have to determine if you will actually get the most out of a 1080p set. You'll need bluray for one.

Anything over 50" no questions asked get 1080p.

Also consider your TV programming source. I have comcast and they only broadcast at 1080i!! Doesn't do you much good to have 1080p when its not even broadcast at that resolution.