Fragged Anemone Status

andy

I think it'd be cool to follow how the 'nems that were fragged at today's meeting do over time. If you have the time and the inclination, please post the status/health of your fragged-at-the-meeting anemone here. Updates appreciated.

I won one of the green BTAs. It's in my nano, looking a bit under the weather but not dead/dying.

Also, I'm babysitting the purple LTA that Trever won. It's in my 55, looking good considering the pretty-rotten afternoon it had.

I was the lucky recipient of the Rose Tip bubble anenome that was pulled from the tank and the rock and cut all in one day! It looks FABULOUS! You can see the "scar" where it was cut, but it has completely rolled up and sealed up into a nice round tube again. It has attached itself on the rock and is extending its tentacles nicely! I got a few pics:

This is around 4:30-about 2 hours after the forced split

PB160012.jpg

Around 10:30

PB160001.jpg

PB160003.jpg

That was a fun meeting!

Kris

I won one of the purple anenomes (name?) I placed it down out of the current ' date='its looks fine its rolled so the cut side is down over a rock looking at it you cant tell it was cut. we'll see how it goes![/quote']

It was a Purple Long tipped anemone. Good luck! And it was nice to see you at the meeting today!

Kris

Checked the 'nems when I woke up this AM -- the green BTA looked fantastic: anchored, inflated and ready to go. The LTA didn't look so good, in fact I thought it was dead; it was just laying there, almost a puddle of anemone. Put on the lights, hoping to get some reaction and it started to inflate. I've never kept LTAs before, do they usually deflate at night?

Pictures all look great! Glad to hear that they are all healing nicely. :)

Let's remember a big thank you to Calvin for the last minute addition of the RBTA victim. It was the life of the party. :)

Now I want to set up a 40B with a 250w halide over it to get an anemone farm going.

Keep the pics coming.

JM looks like you're due for a little scrapein!

It'll all be back in a couple of weeks... I still haven't found those saltwater Plecos.:D

If you love to scrape Coralline, get some PurpleUp.(nutty)

I'm moving it all into a 46 glass bowfront very soon. It can stay till I tear it down!

I have plenty to keep me busy i dont want to add anymore, however it is a sign of a very healthly tank!

My purple anenome doesnt look very good, still laying in the same place we'll see what happens. If the hermits start lining up I'll have to take it out!

I use purple up but(plotting) I counter it with a few urchins. I only see coralline in the places that they can't get to. If it wasn't for the urchins my tank would have that look too.(laugh)

I have a pair of tank raised Ocellaris Clowns, and the female does not tolerate glass scraping. I have to get up way before daylight to clean the glass while she is still snoozing in their Frogspawn. She not only attacks my hand, but I'm concerned about injuring her mouth as she bites the scraping blade! At least she is easy to catch when she attacks the net.(naughty)(laugh)

I have plenty to keep me busy i dont want to add anymore, however it is a sign of a very healthly tank!

My purple anenome doesnt look very good, still laying in the same place we'll see what happens. If the hermits start lining up I'll have to take it out!

Trever's half of the LTA (which I was babysitting) didn't make it (sad)

Unlike the green BTA I won, it never really looked like it was getting better. It's tentacles didn't inflate, and it wasn't anchoring worth a darn. After supper tonight, it just let go and started the anemone-melt. The green BTA looks great though.

It sounds like the smaller ones might do better, not as much of the body to go thru. Also the species and age, my young (smaller) green bubble tips are pretty compact but the older ones have a larger base and even when removed from the tank can't shrink up

November Meeting Pictures

Dsoz's Main Tank.

Picture1.jpg

DIY Liverock (Aragocrete) curing.

Picture2.jpg

Cured Homemade Liverock.

Picture3.jpg

Some of the corals in main tank.

Picture4.jpg

Duncans - Duncanopsammia axifuga

Picture5.jpg

Almost ready to start the meeting!

Picture6.jpg

A well-prepared workstation.

Picture7.jpg

This won't hurt a bit...

Picture8.jpg

"Hey Dennis - that post is blocking the screen!"

Picture9.jpg

Victims.

Picture10.jpg

Ready to raffle the frags!

Picture11.jpg

Sorry Dennis. I couldn't resist posting your custom mangrove tank canopy. :)

Picture12.jpg

Stained Glass Window created by Dsoz.

Picture13.jpg

Another view of same window minus the Pepsi can.

Picture14.jpg

Update on my Green BTA

I was the lucky recipient of one half of a Green Bubble Tip Anenome, I placed it on a piece of rock in the sand with some super glue gel. I woke up Monday to find it had worked itself loose and crawled up onto the bigger rock, tentaclies extended with looking good. Tuesday morning, it was on the on move again so I moved it to some rock out of the current flow.. it seems to be doing fine..(scary)

post-1206-14186774113_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
My half of one of the green BTAs was doing fine. It was settling in nicely until it just... kind'a... unrolled where the cut was made. It never healed the cut at all :(

I must have gotten the other half of that G BTA. It attached to a rock, started to expand, then became a glob of green mucus(sick)..

My RBTA is doing great...it did however move under a rock to avoid the continued molestation from the Domino Damsel that was hosting it LOL!! I am assuming that when it gets hungry, it will move again, until now, it is feeding from what ever gets fed and floats it's way.

Kris