Best corals next to RBTA?

puntific

• 2 months later...

The best corals to put next to a RBTA are dead ones. That way you don't get upset when it kills them. Seriously, I have had very bad experiences with anemone's and corals when they touch. Couple of options are, a) try to get anemone on rocks in one corner of tank, then seperate those rocks with sand bed <-- doesn't normally work because RBTA's like to float around the tank. b)try to place corals low to middle of rock work, normally my anemone likes to be high on the rocks to be close to the light. he may move around up top a little but consistant feeding should keep him there.

All of this is just things you can try, it depends on your anemone, mine doesn't like to move....at all. So on that aspect I have had good luck, however when it splits, which is all the time, those new ones move....and when I say move I mean MOVE.

Xenia may survive next to a RBTA. I have seen them near each other with little problem.

RBTAs like rocks, not sand (more specifically the holes in the rocks). If you want an anemone in the sand bed, you would be better off with a long-tentacle.

They will not split every day. Every couple of weeks to months if the conditions are perfect.

dsoz

No, they found a nice hole in the rock, and put their foot in the hole. Every now and then they take a walk, but I try to move them back to where I want them.

I hear that feeding them makes them tend to stay in the same spot, but it is not 100%.

IMO, anemones are not great things to have in a mixed reef. They tend to move around and sting corals. They are great for a species biotype, but not in the same tank as anything that you don't want to risk dying.

dsoz