• 80%
    • 70%
    • 60%
    • 50%
    • 40%
    • 30%
    • 20%
    • I'm switching to fish-only.

Survive is a loose word. In the last year everything has survived, but some of my SPS have turned brown.

In the last two years I have lost three corals, a yellow stag, a blue tipped acro, and a neospongode. I have a pair of milli's that are surviving but not thriving.

JME

LPS usually do fine. SPS have not done well in my tank. Maybe it is because of the T5 lights, or maybe it is because of the phosphates that I used to have (and may not have kicked totally).

I don't think that I have added anything since CFM in the summer. :( It sucks trying to save money for vacation.

dsoz

I have real good luck with the trades I've done in the last months with club members, also all of the new frags I've bought are doing well. I'm going to have to go with a 90% though because when I returned from vacation the plug I was given with some purple polyps was bare and the polyps are MIA

When I first got into the hobby I didn't have nearly the luck that I have now. Its hard to put an exact number, but I would have to say that it is definately higher than 90% and probably closer to 95%. Fish on the other hand... Well they live for along time for the most part, but corals seem to live alot longer. Some seem to never die and only seem to get larger and larger. I do have a giant rose bubble tip anemonie that has begun to sting one of my acros. If I can get him out I will be sliceing him up into 4 pieces thats for sure.

Garrett

I would have to say that my survival rate has sky rocketed over the last year or so. I am very picky with my corals and once in my care, I give them the best chance for survival possible. I honestly can say anything I have bought or traded in the last 8 months has lived. I marked 100% success rate. I think that if you are picky and get healthy corals and give them a good environment they will all live. I usually can count on the corals getting more colorful too. :)