THANKS NICK AT ROSE CITY

mjbecker

Rose City Aquarium

I want to post about my experience at Rose City tonight.

First of all yes the dogs were there at the shop but Nick however they were in the back room. They did not apear to me to be aggressive. I talked to Nick about the concerns of the dogs and he is taking into consideration the concerns of the 1 person who felt threatened by them. IMO Nick seemed to be a very reasonable and responsible guy, and to the person who felt threatened, I really think you should stop in there again and talk to him.

We also talked for a while about the tanks and some of the livestock he has had for a long time including the giant clams. He also explained to me about the livestock he lost due to the neglect of responsibilities by a former employee. Which I am sure has a lot to due with dirty tanks too. However nowhere was there a coral I could not see due to dirty front glass.

I hope you do plan to visit if you have had second thoughts due this thread. As far as tanks being dirty I think those who do not know should know that Nick is also in the process of doing some remodeling to the back room of the store to turn it into a freshwater area, then will be expanding the saltwater to include the corner where the freshwater is currently. I am sure this is taking a lot of his time!

Thanks Nick for the enjoyable visit and I hope you enjoy my seahorses!

I have heard a lot of good things about this shop. I just wish Nick was closer to where I live, but I do plan on making a visit in the near future. Someone earlier posted that every shop has a bad day every now and then, and I fully agree with this. I have been in the hobby for years as well and I have seen the best shops have bad days (oh, one shop I was in made me gag as they god a shipment of dead corals...ha ha ha). Maybe the person that posted negative should go re-visit and see what he thinks next time? Maybe Nick was having one of those bad days?! I am looking forward to visiting Nick's shop. I am one of those rare people that like to buy locally and not of the internet - I like to support these shops around here as I have gotten some great advice!