Elegance Coral Question

USCG CWO

This is such a noobie question, but how do LPS expel thier waste? For the last two days my elegance coral has been expelling this brown stringy stuff from each mouth. Is it (sigh) pooping, or is it by chance getting rid of it's Zooxanthellae due to sickness or some such other? Maybe splitting and/or growing another polyp.

My water params are in check and it is opening up fully and it is eating so.......I am kind of at a loss.(scratch)(scratch)

Shane

Cool thanks guys. (yahoo) I was sure it was something like that I just wanted to be sure. I feed it twice a week by hand. I have to stand guard over it as my cleaner shrimp and emerald crab love to still the food right out of its mouth.

Thanks Matt it is a very nice coral and I would have hated it if I had done something wrong.

Shane

:D

nice tank shane, i recognize that fungia plate I think i have those spread from portland to seattle now

Roy

Thanks Roy I love the Fungia. It opened right up when I put it in the tank, and if you read the Arrggghhh! Stupid Hermit crabs, I guess you figured out it was your Clove Polyps it ate. I am still so (censored) over that.

wow that elegance looks even better in your tank than it did in mine!! opening up alot more for you than it did for me looks great!!

Matt

The elegance is one of my favorites. That's why I was so worried when it started "expelling waste"!(laugh)

Thanks guys, but compared to your two tanks I have a long way to go. Roy's tanks are amazing. I can't wait to see his 120 up and running.

Shane