ARGGGHHHHHH!!!! Stupid Hermits

USCG CWO

Saturday my daughter just to had to have one of these "Haloween" hermit crabs. DOH! This dude is seriously huge. Probably about the size of quarter. I look over this morning and he is laying on his shell with a frag in his claws sucking down my clove polyps. (flame)(flame)(flame)(cussing)(cussing)(cussing)

By the time I catch him and banish him to the fuge, my cloves are down to the nubs. (sad)

I'm pretty sure I know the answer but are they done for, or will they recover?

Shane

At this point, the only Hermit I'll add to my tanks are scarlet legged. I just moved one of these guys from my nano (where it was pulling food from my LPS' mouths) to my 55 -- where it promptly killed a turbo snail and moved into the shell. Turns out this species isn't terribly reef safe (it stowed away with several other hermit crabs that I bought from a LFS). Not sure what I'll do with it...

Man what is with these hermits. I would be afraid to walk down the streets of my aquarium after dark. Talk about murder central. I try to get little ones when I buy them as they seem to be a little less pugnaciuos (sp). The big ones are just down right onery.

Shane