House fire sale. 300? lbs of live rock must go

ahreno

I went on a trip to california and my house almost burnt down. Read about it here. They cut the power to my house and luckily my roommates and friends (thanks miles) grabbed most of my livestock... A lot made it ... some didn't. In any case I think this is my que to ditch my 300 gallon reef. This would be the second time since i bought my house that I would have to rebuild and I dont have the time or money to do it again... rebuilding my living room wall is more important.

Right now I have what I can only estimate to be 300+ lbs of live rock. Since someone grabbed all my corral and some was attached to liverock I don't know how much i really have we figured there was $1200-1500 worth of rock originally. This needs to go first... then it's on to powerheads and lights and pumps and sump and all that good stuff.

So let's go with $3 a lb for live rock... if you buy more than 50 lbs I'll drop it down to $2.75.

I'm heading to target to get a scale... to see exactly how much i have. I'll snap some pictures. there are some big flat pieces that were used to "cover" the back of my tank... there's maybe 18"x18"x1" thick... most of the other pieces are like 16" across or so... kinda hard to explain... i'll post pics today

Ok. So i uploaded pictures with weights... check them out here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ahreno/sets/72157608397844410/

The scale is junky and i'll probably take it b ack and get something better but this gives a good idea. The total i get is 242 lbs. There has been some removed when they pulled the fish and coral (coral attached to rock i guess). you can get a judge of size of pieces from looking at size of scale.