Oh, I'm pissed!!!!

snowpunk

My little harmless urchin that has never done one thing wrong, has just done the unthinkable.(flame) I come home tonight to find him just getting done mowing 80% of my Supernova monti down!!!(enforcer)That thing was really spendy. I hope it comes back. I am still fuming about it. End Rant... Deep Breath...

went back downstairs and he was on it again(flame)(flame)(flame)(flame)(flame)(flame)(flame) He is being banished to a softy only tank at my friends house in 10 min. It does look like only the little hairs have been eaten, so hopefully the heads don't die off. If anyone needs an urchin that doesn't have monti's, I may have one if my friend won't keep another one. :p Other then that he is big and eats a lot. Doesn't usually pick anything up. He's the purple on purple (Ultra rare color).;)

I had a tiger cowrie eat most of the acans that I got at the coral farmers market this summer. A $6 snail eating a $50 acan. I know what you mean by being mad at the stupid invertebrate. Mine went back to the LFS, but I wanted to make a pooka-shell necklace out of the stupid thing.

dsoz

Thats exactly how I felt. A supernova l.e. coral is now almost dead do to a cheap little invert. Had him for almost a year and never did that ever. He cleaned a rock almost bare the other day but didn't touch the large monti that was growing on it. He worked right around the edges of it. I guess the supernova just tastes better maybe?? I'll be watching the other tree now thats for sure...

Actually worked out ok since my friends tank has more purple algae then he can scrape. He only has a few softies that he is holding for me(whistle), so the urchin is no threat in there. I do have one more that moves everything around so I think if one goes it will be him. It's a shame too because he is all white and looks really cool. The other 2 are non-evasive(fingers). Here's to hoping they stay that way. I am hoping to see an increase in purple algae growth since the only spots it is growing now is where the urchins can't get to.DOH!